Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Newly marketed detectors.  (Read 4753 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: February 16, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »

With some new detectors recently landing on the shelves of distributors and each machine drawing a growing fanbase, I have been reading of this or that machine knocking out hammies and romans here there and every where. You don't suppose that some folk would "perhaps" make false finds claims to increase sales of detector "A" or "B" do you?Huh   Undecided

I guess that it must be something of a cut-throat market out there but do you suppose that we will see an end to price fixing?Huh  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
buzzerman

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:19:11 PM »

what with all of the hype thats connected to some new detectors that are appearing onto the market these days,one has to wonder as to whether or not we have reached the stage where the ultimate detector has been reached.minelab seems to think so as they launch the equinox series of detectors,for me personally i'll just sit on the fence and await the users feedback which will prove one way or other if the claims of the said manufacturer are correct,but only time will give us that answer.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:25:30 PM »

In Latin the phrase is caveat emptor,  wait until the ordinary detectorists have used new models of machines and are giving unbiased reports of them .Don't trust magazine reviews of them as they will never criticise anything from companies that pay for advertising. Wait until the machine has been out for a while .
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »

Hi Chris,
               the words horses, stable doors, and bolted come to mind after reading your post!  Roll Eyes None the less, steadily getting on with my new Quest Q40 and learning some of it's whily Chinese ways.  Grin

I recently swung the Q40 over a paddock where I had been recovering plenty of coins with the Safari/Ultimate coil combination and was surprised to recover an other fortyone coins with the Q40. No hammies, Roman, or Celtic though.  Cry

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
GJH

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:36:21 PM »

Do you think anyone who purchases the new Minelabs is going to give a bad review and admit they bought a pup ( if they are no good that is )  Smiley
Geoff
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 06:33:56 AM »

Nope!   Roll Eyes

Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »

Grin with me when Makro sent me the racer to test i have been lucky to find a hammered after less than 10 minutes after that i never find anything ,i think if you got a good productive land its a winner  but new machines =Marketing so i wont be suprise if they do everything to get some sales i will say no more . Hh
nonker10

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »

i think detectectors are built as much for finding people as they are for finding finds.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 11:46:58 PM »

Well said nonker, I like it.... Wink Cheesy
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »

Not directly connected but I know that’s what they do with dog food. It has to appeal to the buyer never mind if it’s any good for the dog  Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 11:45:33 AM »

Most of the machines have been sent out to the States and European markets...Whilst the UK still waits for rediculously slow distribution of the Equinox.....One particular distributor has no idea when,if, or how many machines are being received.
Well done MINELAB..... Grin Grin

I'm sure Deus will show them how to distribute to loyal customers when they inevitably release a new machine in reply to the Equinox...Hopefully... Wink
IFINDNOTHING

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oAun4nPd98

Quote "Don't ever give up hope, there's something out there, all you have to do is hold on and believe" Axl Rose-1988
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 04:34:30 PM »

Something strange going on with Minelab! Why do you suppose people had to pay cash up front, when there were no machines to be had?  Shocked

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »

I presume the deposits are sat in their bank acc. Be interesting to know how much they have taken... Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »

I half wondered if the advance payments were being used to fund production in the far east until they can get sales moving and if every one asked for their money back (as some have suggested) it may just burst Minelab's bubble. Brings to mind thoughts of the South Sea bubble, or the great groundnut scheme.

Interestingly, Quest have been a little slow off the blocks with their new Quest Pro detector as well but as far as I know they have not taken any advance payments.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal