Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook V conventional DW format  (Read 5606 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »

I’ve often looked at the numbers on line and wondered about how many ‘visitors’ were looking in.
Now I know. Look in without signing in and you’re a ‘visitor’ leading a double life. Ha

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Greg

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 06:34:12 PM »

I agree with many of the comments above, disliked FB when I joined to keep in touch with a friend, then I was suddenly overwhelmed with fiend requests and useless information, most of which I found difficult to ignore, my grandson then demonstrated the block button and selecting favourites.
Now I only see the things I want to see, and posting photos is easy, unlike the DW photo posting software. (Sorry to be negative).
I now enjoy 😊 both formats, now I feel I’ve caught up with technology, except for Twitter , Instagram and some others that I have fortunately forgotten the names of.
Shame dingdong has gone, will miss his unbiased opinions, no man is an island 🌴 will we DW be the less for it. 🐄🐄
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »

Block button!  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Greg

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 10:44:09 AM »

Block button!  Roll Eyes

I’m no expert but if you click in the name of someone that has posted you, then tap ‘more’ you get a list of options, you can then Block, unfollow, and some other things. I now only get metal detecting or close friends. 😊😊😊
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 10:46:23 AM »

Yep spot on Greg its totally up to you how you manage your account Put a block on the nuisance posts and all is good.  Paul.

Greetings from the Dragon.
Andre

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 08:08:42 PM »

I visit the DW site daily,sometimes several times a day.
I like to see other members finds and post mines for ID,which is very handy.
Regarding Facebook,if they go hand in hand I can’t see a problem,but it’s
a personal choice and I respect everyone’s opinion.
Long Live The DW!! Ear,ear
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »

I think it's a shame dingdong decided to leave DW...I enjoyed his posts and input.We all know he had strong views on Facebook it's a shame he couldn't except DW runs side by side with its Forum and Facebook and has done for a long time. I too shy away from Facebook for some of the reasons already stated although I also realise I clearly miss out on discussions and other information on it. It's been a topic of conversation with friends ( True Friends That Is) lol for some time now, there's even a small wager on that one day I will join up, may be I will I have 7 grandchildren 3 of which are 10 so it won't be long before they will be on it.. Grin
Anyway watch this space  Roll Eyes untill then I will continue use DW this way in appreciation for the work carried out by those who run DW. You know who you are, so thanks guys.
It's a shame I couldn't attend Rooksbridge rally but will definantly attend next one, to meet up with a few of you.
Keep swinging and finding......Spikey  Kiss Wink
Greg

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:16 AM »

Word of warning Spikey, with 7 grandchildren posting on FB you will not have time to go out detecting, and on top of that all their contacts will be sending you friend requests.
What is even worse is the younger generation do not even type in English, you will have to learn emoji, abbreviations, acronyms and Initialism.
I blocked my grandchildren and told them to text or WhatsApp something I can understand if it’s important, and when they do it usually starts with a £. 😈.
I too am sorry dingdong left, we did not agree very often, perhaps glass half empty but it’s always good to have the debate.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal