Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook V conventional DW format  (Read 5550 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: February 04, 2018, 06:03:35 PM »

It's obvious now it's going to become a norm to use the Facebook media to download photos etc,ok I have to accept it...BUT..!!..does that mean that us principled members get left out of the action ?it does seem however that the given loyalty of many doesn't seem to count for much...but then again it does appear that is the case in most revered and established standards..shame 😞 !!
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:42:19 PM »

Dingdong give it a brake its getting a bit boring now, actually worse than Facebook! Huh
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 07:19:34 PM »

I’m sure I remember Neil saying the two would be run in tandem Chris.
I still look forward to his excellent Rally Reports and pics.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 07:29:31 PM »

Ding dong, I don't have time to get on here much these days but every time I do you seem to be complaining about something.
The Facebook page has been running for years and has not affected this sites perforomance at all. The same criticisms were being made by clubs when online forums started. Saying that the online presence would detract from meeting up in pubs. Instead it seen a massive increase in rallies and the ease of meeting like minded people.
Progress will always happen take part in as much of it as you so choose.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:31:51 PM by Tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »

Ok,so your all fed up with dingdong...So in future  the comments I have to make is that I have NO further comments to make....
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »

Ok,so your all fed up with dingdong...So in future  the comments I have to make is that I have NO further comments to make....

Hi Chris,    ...  don't know how you reach the conclusion that "Your  ALL ......"   after just a few comments!   i,m not a frequent user of facebook, but can honestly support Val's comment that the 2 run in tandem!   ..  so i  presume a rally report will be forthcoming for those not on facebook! .....

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
romana

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »

I have just joined the facebook group.  Wink

XP Goldmaxx power. F.I.D member. Wessex Searchers MDC.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »

That's fine Ding Dong that's your choice. Personally today I have been up since 6am, set up signs, arranged very tight parking, liaised with farmer, introduction speech, fixed a members detector, identified members personal finds, photographed rally finds, token hunt table and then got home for 5pm. Showered and the drove across Cardiff to collect my son, came home cooked for us all, bathed the boy and now at 8:18pm sat down with a glass of wine. I am not complaining as its my choice to do this, but Facebook makes my life so much easier. I enjoy the whole rally thing and like meeting up with everyone and that's not an issue at all. The DW rally report will follow in due course, probably after a 40 hour working week when I can find a two hour slot.

Cheers

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »

Personally I dont do face ache  or whatever its called but can't see any problem with them that do use it .As so many use it now it should be an advantage for  forums  to include it and keep everyone involved.  Yes I dont post on the forum now but thats because I cant put pictures on any more as I used to do them through photobucket but refused to pay so dont use it anymore if the admin  could perhaps  make it easier to put pictures up then I could post  again keep it up every one the forums are still a great place to visit   
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 12:58:21 AM »

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/46700-to-avoid-criticism-say-nothing-do-nothing-be-nothing

Angry

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 01:25:44 AM »

Wrong !!...do not trust anyone..not even a fart !!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 07:42:33 AM »

Good morning Chris,
                                  a most interesting start to the day, 'FaceBook'! What, I wonder, is it that most galls you about the medium of FaceBook? Have you tried it?

Personally, I'm not a fan of FaceBook but have tipped my toe into the water several times; only to back off and close the account. I may return there, once I have figured out how to tailor the account to my personal needs and duck out of some of the advertising and friends of friends, of friends, of friends.

As for trusting nobody............way back in 1984 (a very Orwellian year) I traversed East Germany several times, a place where very few people knew who to trust. And my last seven years of employment demanded that I trust no one. Both aforementioned situations were somewhat unpleasant to find one's self in but nonetheless interesting. But if you are talking 'total' trust; I think it was Jesus, the prophet of Nazareth, that said call no man abba (daddy).

Oops, sorry for waffling on.

Stay safe, stay well, and keep on keeping on.

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 10:26:16 AM »

Like you Chris ( Resurgam ) I dipped my toe into the FaceBook pool a few years ago at the insistence of Hubby John. He opened an account for me but after a visit to a couple of elected ‘friends’ I was appalled at their contents so decided it wasn’t for me.
However !  Being  nosey I wanted to see what I might be missing so yesterday I sat quietly and opened another account purely to get access to Detecting Wales.com
Well initially I was most upset. I kept getting pages of possible ‘friends’ on every page I went to. What was worse and most annoying was the person who came up right at the top. Won’t use bad language so will merely say a BOVINE who just happened to be Johns 1st wife  Shocked Angry  comes up through Johns other links, I think.
Anyway, to cut the ongoing saga short, I managed to find DW, book marked it and haven’t been into the dreaded F/B again. Just click on my own link.
I achieved what I wanted and it seems to work quite well. Not a problem. I can now keep my eye on you all once again. So be afraid, be very afraid  Grin

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 10:29:03 AM »

P.S. I have already been befriended by a very nice Gentleman called NEIL Wink

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 12:24:21 PM »

Im with Val on this one, I dont do facebook either for the same reasons. The constant pointless unrelated notifications about people I dont or have no desire to know, especially as my linespeed is less than 0.5 meg means that my inbox is clogged up with useless c**p that stops me doing my day to day stuff.
As regarding if the forum is getting the amount of useage, there is the hit counter on the righthand side to prove it.
Just because members arnt logged in doesn't mean its not being used.
I regularly visit as a guest.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal