Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloves  (Read 5243 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: January 21, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »

If you are like me you would have tried many types of gloves over the years, here are some I have recently found and used, which may be of use to you.
 They are fully coated latex, breathable and waterproof.

I got these from Mole Valley Farmers but available on ebay around £7.49.

They are surprisingly warm and very comfortable....Spikey   

* 004.JPG (142.3 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 692 times.)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:23:24 PM »

Jeez, I could have done with a pair of those this morning whilst being cooled by a bone chilling sea wind and showered by icy cold rain. It was just me fingers that died and forced me to throw in the towel after only three hours.  Sad

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »

I remember when I use to search the sands in winter it was easy to find a warm pair of gloves, trouble is even if wasn't raining your hands got wet taking the gloves of to recover the finds from the wet sand.  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:38:15 PM »

Best of both worlds, neoprene. Keeps the water and wind out. Bought some years ago for winter riding. Had  the same problem as Chris and finally remembered my old neoprene gloves. Never looked back.
Use them for dog walks now but made the mistake of cutting the thumbs off to use lead controls. Come home with a dead fish on each hand  Roll Eyes but the rest is toasty.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »

Hmmmm, had my fingers not died I may have continued on until I got a whole body chill and recovery may have been much harder. None the less I will get my self a pair of those gloves for those normally chilly days but will not be foolish enough to go out blatantly into bad weather again.  Cry

Many thanks for the heads up on the gloves,  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Chancellor
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 08:06:56 PM »

Good information on the gloves.. thanks.
sandpiper

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »

Good timing ! Aldi have some builders gloves this week ! latex full finger thermal gloves for the winter

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workwear-thermal-builders-gloves/p/080671177665600#

ONLY £2.99 I'm getting a few pairs !!!

Some great fishing and workwear gear too !!

Cheers Sandpiper

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 08:54:15 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Will call in at Aldi later to day but it would be interesting to see the Aldi gloves compared against the gloves in the original post.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 09:26:36 AM »

I've had a few pairs of gloves over the years, but usually find that impact on me finding the really small items, as I can't feel anything through them - are these gloves very thin and flexible? Some of the gloves I have are neoprene, but comparatively stiff - though they are finger-less.

I tried thinner gloves (like the ones we have in work) but I found they tended to tear too easily. The other day someone gave me a single use pair of black nitrile gloves and these lasted all day, which amazed me, but then you have the wastage of a new pair of gloves each time, but I suppose the benefit that at least my finger print scanner on my tablet still recognized my fingerprint at the end of the day Smiley
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »

I've had a few pairs of gloves over the years, but usually find that impact on me finding the really small items, as I can't feel anything through them - are these gloves very thin and flexible? Some of the gloves I have are neoprene, but comparatively stiff - though they are finger-less.

I tried thinner gloves (like the ones we have in work) but I found they tended to tear too easily. The other day someone gave me a single use pair of black nitrile gloves and these lasted all day, which amazed me, but then you have the wastage of a new pair of gloves each time, but I suppose the benefit that at least my finger print scanner on my tablet still recognized my fingerprint at the end of the day Smiley
Hi Roland. Yes these gloves are just about rite I think, there certainly flexable and allows comfortable handling of finds...I've had lots of gloves as I said, these are worth trying for the money...
nonker10

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 10:32:15 PM »

nice one spikey after seeing your post the other day i ordered a pair.and i must say they are brilliant mate.thank you for sharing. Wink Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 04:25:28 PM »

No problem nonker, glad you agree.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal