Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad,sad day...(it it's true)  (Read 3256 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: January 17, 2018, 05:14:40 PM »

Hi to all...... I've just tried to log onto the Detecting Scotland forum and it now looks like the plug has finally been pulled....(please try and log in yourself)
If that is the case it is an absolute tragedy as they had a very active and informative detecting forum Website...has EVERYONE now decided to o onto face(ache) book.
Also,is this the manner in which Detecting Wales will follow?
It may be worth while for ALL of the Detecting Wales forum members to cast a vote.
Those in favour of moving on to "face(ache)book"...and those of us who would prefer keep the Detecting Wales forum in its established format.
Well,what do you think ...?
Good hunting..👍
puddock
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »

I am totally gobsmacked!!  Shocked
Myself and Hubbie (as DS Scotland members) have not been active for a while on DS Scotland re digs due to ill health so we seem to have missed why this has occurred - can anyone enlighten us?!
We refuse to sign up to Facebook  Roll Eyes
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »

I have no idea Ding Dong where you get some of your ideas from.

There is absolutely no plan or intention to migrate solely to a Facebook page and we wont be voting on it.

Its admirable that you are so concerned about losing DW, but that is definately not the intention of the owner or the admins.

You need to understand that DW on both Facebook and this forum can exist side by side and have done long before you were a member on here.

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:21:16 PM »

Neil, has DS definitely shut down.? You didn’t comment on them.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »

Sorry Val.

To the best of my knowledge it has not closed down, but it is a completely seperate entity to DW now, and run seperately for a number of years. I have no other info I am afraid.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »

Thanks Neil. I didn’t realise they were seperate. Hope it’s just a breakdown. There’s something on my messages I want to keep.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »

I think (or at least hope) that there are a number of us who are trying to keep the interest up on this site Smiley

websites often go through phases - there's no reason that this one won't burst into fevered activity again - we just need some decent weather and finds Smiley

I personally prefer a forum like this to FB, although there are benefits to FB too.
Chancellor
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:52:31 PM »

I don't do face book either.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »

Our Scottish brothers and sisters are back. Looks like they’ve been having trouble with the server.
Still a few flies in the ointment but Grant is working on them.

buzzerman

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »

seems to be the trend these days amongst some of the the detecting fraternity to be on the social media format.i for one am quite happy and personally prefer to stay with this type of format as it's one that you can trust and be in control of also it can be relied upon and i see no reason to change.so I hope that this forum does not go down the social media route.buzzerman 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal