Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official sign up Detecting Wales Santa Hats Rally near Rooksbridge  (Read 6531 times)
proconsul
Proconsul

« on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »

THIS RALLY HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO BAD WEATHER.

Sorry, but once again this rally has had to be postponed due to bad weather conditions (who would have thought you'd get bad weather in the middle of winter?).

We'll post a new date for the rally as soon as one has been arranged.

Geoff
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:59:42 PM by proconsul » Logged
romana

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:29:34 PM »

Looking forward to it mate Wink

XP Goldmaxx power. F.I.D member. Wessex Searchers MDC.
GJH

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:05 PM »

Looking forward to it, can't remember when we were there last.  Smiley
Geoff
Ceri
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance folks but where is Rooksbridge?
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »

Hi Ceri. Over the bridge and head towards Weston - 15 minutes across from there. Fields feel like they are in the middle of nowhere but at one point they were somewhere very important. No sign of Georgian or Victorian coinage but I would estimate we have pulled out over 120 hammered coins that we know of in four visits. I have found four myself plus a smattering of Roman. The monks dug the canals out that border the fields circa 1300s so we speculate that its a trading post or fair site. Not been there in four years and it gets ploughed annually.   Three pieces of treasure to date from there. Its where I coinded the phrase Hammeredfest many years ago, that is now used by all and sundry - I should have trademarked it Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:58:28 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »

I am not sure if I am able to attend the rally as yet maybe working that day, I will know at a later date if I can attend or not,  will there be a food/burger tent etc?  and  how much is the rally on the day and is there a percentage of fees  or raffle fees being donated to charity, thanks gary.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »

Nope its not a charity rally, there is no food hut, the raffle is free, it costs £7 paid on the day and you pee in a hedge. Exactly the same as the last 90+ rallies we have held.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 03:58:32 PM »

I wouldn't know about the previous rallies as I haven't been on one yet,  that's why I asked,   hopefully I will be available to attend this one but do not know as yet.  thanks for the reply.
Ceri
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 08:27:05 PM »

Thanks Neil, not sure if I can make the 21st but it sounds like fun. I've been detecting for about eight months now, have no treasures of note to report but thouroughly enjoy the hunt, the history and the fresh air. The prospect of a first hammy is very tempting! Hope to meet with you all soon!
Trefor Meirionnydd

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 02:24:06 PM »

I'd love to be there but unfortunately I can't make it that day...  Cry 

Happy hunting to all  Grin
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:44:29 PM »

Sunday looks like it is going to pee down - will there be a call on whether it happens on Sunday or not?

I'm thinking of coming, but need to buy some new wellies without holes in the soles......
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »

Going o speak to the farmer tonight as its a tad soggy on Sunday and there is absolutely no cover in those fields from a downpour.

Not the end of the world if we have to postpone, as it will still be there in a few weeks time when its a bit dryer.

Cheers
Neil

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 08:00:13 PM »

THIS RALLY HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO BAD WEATHER.

Sorry, but once again this rally has had to be postponed due to bad weather conditions (who would have thought you'd get bad weather in the middle of winter?).

We'll post a new date for the rally as soon as one has been arranged.

Geoff

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal