Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swansea beaches  (Read 4374 times)
Jopro22
Rally attendee

« on: January 03, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »

Hi guys looking for some advise, it's mine and my husbands second trip out beach detecting, was really fancying swansea namely caswell bay, i know a few of the beaches around the gower are owned by national trust but i cant find anything on who owns caswell bay, would be very greatful if anybody can update us please xx
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:29:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure Caswell Bay is owned by Swansea Council. They own the carpark,shower and toilet facilities and ban dogs between May and September.
Greg

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »

I drove past yesterday, spring tide and large 🌊. Three detectorists on the beach.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »

Hi Jo and welcome to DW.  This is a question that comes up quite regularly. All beaches are owned by the Crown and most are managed by Crown Estates. Many are leased by various organisations so it’s a very confusing subject.
If you use the ‘Search’ facility on the Forum lists  enter ‘Crown Estate Beaches’ posted by  ‘db4’   If it works as it should you’ll see the same questions and some knowledgable answers that might help you.
Only word of advice I’d give is keep off the sand dunes, most are no go areas, SSI Sights of Scientific Interest.
There are Wardens who patrol them but you’d be lucky to see one. (I did and was put in my place)
I don’t think you currently need a Beach Detecting Permit.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Jopro22
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »

Thanks guys for your info, we decided to go down and have a browes afterall, the tides was very high last night, We had about 2-3 hours down there, we didnt find anything exciting but we had fun since it was only our second time out we are both still getting used to using our equipment
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »

Hi Jopro22...Well done on getting out...I bet I was a job to keep your feet on the ground owing to the stormy winds !!.
Apparently we need an Easterly wind which will hopefully take the sand off.. Westerly's seem to bring even more sand onto the beach..which means that your trying to detect through even more sand !!...
What detectors are you using ?...do your detectors have a beach detecting setting?
Do you have any land permission's ?.mind you virtually all the fields are nothing more than swamps.
Anyway,good hunting,and I look forward to seeing your finds posted on the forum.
GOOD HUNTING..👍.!!!
Jopro22
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 12:08:29 PM »

Hi dingdong, the wind wasn't so bad to be honest, we are using the c-scope4pi as was adivised these was ideal for beach detecting, we thought that we would start off on the beach first to see if we enjoy (which we do very much), hopefully will post something of interest soon, obviously because of the time of year (early nights) we can only go in the evening due to work commitments so really looking forwards to the lighter nights so we can detect in the day/early evening  😎 xx
Jeff The Wizard

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »

Hi Jo,
Yes Caswell and most of the Gower beaches are ok to detect, but I would advise giving Rhossili a miss because it's managed by the National Trust.
Caswell is one of my favourite detecting beaches and up until recently a very productive one. I detected there a couple of days ago and managed to pull out 27 coins including quite a nice Half Crown together with a Silver earring, but unfortunately no yellow stuff  Undecided.

Good luck,
Jeff.

If ring pulls and bottle tops were currency I would be a rich man
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 12:28:35 AM »

Hi Jeff,thanks for your input,great to get the latest on our beaches !!
Good hunting...👍.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 06:21:58 AM »

Yeah caswell is council owned.i go there sometimes

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal