Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Big Thank You To Landowners  (Read 3049 times)
roughneck

T2 SE

« on: December 24, 2017, 12:11:19 PM »

Hi Folks
Me and Ron ventured out for a few hours yesterday to show our appreciation to one of the landowners that allows us freedom to roam over about 2000 acres of mostly pasture in the south of England.  After delivering our gifts and enjoying some warm, home-made mince pies with a cup of percolated coffee over a friendly chat, we headed for the fields.  In some the grass was too long, some were really sodden and mucky and others were out of bounds due to the annual Christmas shoot.
We eventually decided to search a couple of fields on a bank within spitting distance of an Iron Age camp. Mist and drizzle made the walking and digging on the slope a little slippery, but we persevered for a few hours and unearthed a few finds.
Then, before we knew it, the light was fading and it was time to 'head for the hills' once more.  Here's looking forward to a good new year on the detecting calendar, good health (so that we can keep digging lots of holes and walking many miles) and plenty of decent finds to show on this great forum of ours.  Happy Digging !!!  Cheers and Best Wishes.  Tom and Ron.

* IMG_1292.JPG (90.42 KB, 640x480 - viewed 867 times.)

* IMG_1295.JPG (78.64 KB, 640x480 - viewed 948 times.)

* IMG_1294.JPG (75.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 955 times.)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:38:45 PM »

Hi guys, sounds like a very interested area of land you have especially so close to the hill fort , sound similar  to one of my permissions, although I've yet to hit the Iron Age finds lol......Nice you show your appreciation to the land owners... Have A Great Christmas guys and look forward to more of your adventures in the year......Spikey  Wink
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »

nice finds thanks for sharing
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »

Hi Tom and Ron,....once again it seems that you have excelled yourselves some really nice finds.
Also,I want to say a little personal  thanks to you both for the sheer dedication to task in the way you have regularly helped keep this format of the Detecting Wales forum alive.
Your blow by blow accounts of each and every whole you dig is always delivered in such an interesting way,so on the occasion of this very festive season I'd like to wish you and Ron and your families a very very Happy Christmas,and an even more peaceful, healthy and safe New Year.🎅🎅🎅🎅🍺🍺
PS:Also... continued good successful hunting..👍
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 08:50:20 AM by dingdong » Logged
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys.  As long as we keep finding things we'll keep posting photos and stories.  I think we owe our landowners a great deal because without them giving us permission to detect I can imagine folk queueing up on the beaches because they have nowhere else to go. 
We could be in the same area as you Paul.  We did see another detectorist last year on a farm on the other side of a valley, but have never seen anyone since.  Was it you Paul?  driving a white car ?
We're hoping to get out again over the holiday period and wish all you that manage a day out good luck !!
Happy New Year Digging!!  Tom.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 08:27:54 PM »

You’re very right Tom & Ron. Where would we detect without the goodwill of the landowners. I was very lucky with permissions and eventually got one that produced some nice finds.
Until this Christmas, after giving up the hobby, I made a point of looking after them that looked after me. It’s only fair.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Greg

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 10:04:35 AM »

Bottles of whiskey 🥃 all round, worth every penny, in general they are a very friendly hard working bunch, at least mine are.

Happy New Year.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 11:10:27 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys.  As long as we keep finding things we'll keep posting photos and stories.  I think we owe our landowners a great deal because without them giving us permission to detect I can imagine folk queueing up on the beaches because they have nowhere else to go. 
We could be in the same area as you Paul.  We did see another detectorist last year on a farm on the other side of a valley, but have never seen anyone since.  Was it you Paul?  driving a white car ?
We're hoping to get out again over the holiday period and wish all you that manage a day out good luck !!
Happy New Year Digging!!  Tom.

No it's not me Tom, not with a white car... Wink
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 05:09:26 PM »

Perhaps we'll bump into each other one day Paul!!  Until then, keep those excellent finds coming and show us all the photos on the forum.  As for looking after our landowners, we are off to another estate tomorrow and once again there is a gift for the owner.  It's great to show our appreciation and in doing so we know we will always be welcome.  Cheers and Happy Digging!!! Tom.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal