Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First date!  (Read 4261 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: November 18, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »

Took the new Quest Q40 out yesterday morning and introduced her to Talacre Sands. Not knowing all her little foibles, I kept her away from the projectile zones and the wettest of sand.

A nice looking machine and easy to handle. Not too heavy on the old and tired joints and collapses down to a very convenient size for taking onto public transport. Having bought and fitted a control box cover to protect it from scratches and scuffs I found that operating the buttons on the sides of the unit became a little difficult but not because of any problem with the cover but due to the fact that I was not too familiar with their locations. Being weather proof the machine only required the cover for mechanical protection.

The provision of a control panel backlight was a nice touch, that I would have appreciated having on my earlier detectors when commencing detecting the beach at dawn; or running out of daylight at the end of a detecting session and wanting to dig those last targets on the way off the beach.

I personally thought that the instruction booklet that came with the detector was a bit scant but I thought very much the same of the booklets that came with all my other machines. Having said that; the machine is easy enough to operate with the touch button controls and once remembered, operating sequences should be a doddle.

Keeping away from the highly contaminated sections of beach, I was surprised by the very tiny slivers of copper shrapnel that the machine sniffed out. It managed to recover three coins, a couple of projectiles, and some  50 cal jackets. For a first date, I suppose there was an awful lot of fumbling and very little progres! But it looks as though the machine may have a lot of potential for sniffing out those small elusive targets that often evade us.

Planning on a second date next week and will introduce her to a paddock where I know there to be plenty of coinage and very little scrap. In the meantime I will pamper her with some in air testing and gentle getting to know you exercises.  Grin

Chris  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:54:15 AM »

You certainly know how to show a girl a good time!  Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:12:31 AM »

I suppose I better give her a name, for future reference!   Grin

Two of my other machines were named Victoria & Penny. It did raise a few eyebrows when I was overheard saying to the wife that I was going down to our static caravan with Victoria and Penny and stopping over night!  Wink

Stay safe, stay well, and never lose your sense of humour.

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »

Ease her gently Chris and I'm sure she will perform for you mate,  Shocked thanks for the write up good luck in the paddock.... Wink Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 07:06:26 PM »

Yep !!...I go 100% with Paul on that Chris...and I certainly look forward to hearing how you progress on the new "wand"...I've had a quick look on line regarding your new detector and it seems very favourable,compete hope it exceeds all your expectations.
Great write up to Chris I really enjoyed reading your updates.
Good luck in the paddock...🐎🐎🐎🐎....😰..oh!! and good hunting..👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »

Still stumped for a ladies name for the new machine.........perhaps Brenda, the name of a young lady I once knew in my youth, perhaps a Chinese name to match her origins, or maybe Matahari because of the international intrigue in her sales route!

Weather looks good for Thursday and those that know say I can expect her to perform better on pasture than beach.  Shocked

Chris Smiley

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 12:38:47 AM »

Hey Chris...what about nee haa as a name...it means Hello !!.in Chinese mandarin !!.lol😁!!
Good hunting...👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 07:54:11 AM »

I hope you are not joshing me and nee is a rude word! That gives me an idea though; what is Mandarin for lucky?  Wink

pm sent.

Chris Smiley

Greg

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

露西
You could get a tattoo.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »

......(fu')....is Chinese for good fortune Chris... but you have to say it as "fuuuu" not as individual letters !!... LOL 😁..so double good luck in Chinese is "fu'fu'... and not to be connected to anything else !!.. LOL 😁!!r.o.f.l...!!😂😂😂😂😂!!!!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 09:20:23 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal