Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beach hunt with dingdong  (Read 980 times)
johntp
Rally attendee

« on: November 10, 2017, 09:17:45 AM »

So after our last outing in the fields and not having much to show for our efforts we decided to have a go at one of our local beaches to try our luck and hopefully boost our spirits. the first hour we spent searching the wet sand with not much to show except half a pair of broken glasses between us, so I decided to move up on to the dry sand where I though most people would sit down to enjoy the warm welsh sunshine. the area was full of iron targets but before long I had a lovely high tone signal amongst all the grumbling low tones and up popped a half pence piece. the first coin of the day, within the next couple of minutes I started to find more coins 50ps 20ps 5ps and pennies unfortunately no pound coins or gold sovereigns. Chris wasn't long to spot what was going on and soon joined me in the hunt and managed to pull a few coins out himself. in the end from this small patch of beach (no more than 5 or 6 meters by 2 meters) we pulled out 26 coins between us. even though we didn't find any gold sovereigns or Spanish Doubloons, a fun day was had by both of us scratching around in the sand like a couple of kids on a beach outing from days gone by.

* DSC09923.JPG (212.13 KB, 700x468 - viewed 375 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal