Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Quest Q40  (Read 5622 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »

I think you might be surprised by the weight of the Safari after having a break. I always used to tease some of the members for being whimps moaning about the weight but Like you I had to have a 3 month break.
Thought my arm was going to drop off 1st time out and that’s when I had to admit,,,,,,this is a monster.
I went for the Deus and it was a pleasure to use. There wasn’t a lot of competition though. Now you’ve got a choice with Minelab joining in come December. Now there’s a thought. I reckon you could have the best of both worlds with their new kid on the block. Joan Allen are taking orders in advance (I believe) might be worth a look.
Hope you find something nice tomorrow.

Don't you just hate it when this happens?
                                                                  Well Val, it looks very much as though I'm going to have to agree with your advice and wait to see how the new MineLab Equinox detector is received by the general detecting fraternity. Interestingly; I have just been informed that LP now only have one Quest Q40 in stock after having restocked but will not be restocking the Q40 when the remaining one is gone. But they will be stocking the MineLab Equinox when it is eventually released.

Yesterday I gave Talacre a second run for it's money and was a little more successful and having used my bungee harness found it a wee bit less stressful. After the first time out I rolled out of the car at home and every joint, muscle, and sinew just didn't want to work and when it did it hurt. Getting better all the time now; just need to follow a womans advice and take it easy! Wink

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

I think the main problem is our age Chris. We just don’t ‘come back’ as quick as we used to.
In my case I was grounded for 3 months but not actually laid up. This is what surprised me the most. I wasn’t any less active in the home environment but did little walking.
Just a simple case of DVT (Thrombosis ) so the confinement was ‘just in case’  Roll Eyes
We don’t realise how much we use some muscles till we don’t, you know what I mean.
All we can do is try to compensate.
My leg strength has never been the same since and I only have so much energy these days. Hence my decision to hang up my boots. I do still walk the dogs (not so far) and look longingly at the fields I once walked. I’ll never look at a field the same way again  Cry

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »

Sorry to hear that Val.

My wife came down with a dvt three years ago and had all those injections in the tummy stuff and recovered nicely but recently suffered a second one that spread from her lower leg to her groin area. Presently back and forth to the hospital for tests and assessments for suitable treatment but presently avoiding "Warfarin" because it conflicts with other medication that she takes and apparently the darned stuff can be offset by vitamin K in some vegetables. So at the moment they have her on an alternative anticoagulant.

Your right; this getting older isn't the bees knees but when we consider the alternative I suppose that it isn't too bad, is it? What are you doing to fill the gap presented by your stopping detecting? I do hope that you are going to stay on here and torment us lesser mortals! Smiley

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal