Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any pointers as where to detect in tenby  (Read 4881 times)
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« on: October 20, 2017, 07:05:54 PM »

Good Evening all I'm off on holidays Monday to kiln park and was hoping someone could give me a few pointers as to which part of the beach to detect.... Or rough area

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

Hi Deadlock,I've detected Tenby and nearby beaches for over a few years now with very hit and miss results (normal results for me😁!!
Like most beaches it's productivity is very much to how much sand is on...and Unfortunately at the moment there is plenty of sand after the last storm !!.. however,who knows what will happen after Storm "Brian"
Tenby South beach is always a good start with the beach facing you, turn to your right and detect your way up to Penally beach(its about a miles Detecting.it "can" be quite lucrative.
Car parking is quite expensive,so take a few £1:00 coins(change)can't give you exact figure as its just gone up !!!
Or,if you want to try Penally,go to Penally railway station (free parking) and walk across gated railway lines, following a tarmac path that leads directly onto the Penally beach.
However,that area is used for live firing by the military and they won't let you walk across for obvious reasons.
There are NO facilities  on Penally beach.so take place you will require with you.
When you get to Penally,go up towards the big outlet pipe,its a bit stoney,but good black stinking sandy mud !!.
Also that area was used to train machine gunners for the first world war, prior to them being shipped out to France !!so plenty of bullets !!.
Anyway,I hope this information is of use, please let me know if you require any further information.
Good hunting....👍
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »

That's briiliant of you ding-dong I was hoping it was south beach I'm hoping for gold. Don't you no hahaha cheers dude....

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »

Thanks Deadlock,your more than welcome,.and Good Hunting !!..👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »

Hi Al, long time no speak.
There is another car park in Tenby, not too many seem to know about. It's right on the top of South beach and although it's pay & display it used to be free at this time of year. It may have changed so don't quote me.
If you drive into Tenby on the main road from Saundersfoot, under the railway bridge and up towards South Parade, keep going till you come to the castle walls, on left, and a double right turn, on the right.
Take the left of the 2 roads, by the Londis shop. This is Trafalga Rd. Follow it right to the end ( it changes name at far end) turn left and follow this road all the way to its end where the car park is.
It runs behind the big main car park and has a sharp bend to the right and is quite steep but it's much handier for South beach than any of the others. Easy when you know it !
If tide allows try around the rocky outcrop. That's where one of the locals found a treasure trove of rings and coins. To the right is popular with walkers with sand dunes at top and heads towards Penally.
Happy Hunting.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »

I have had some success in nearby Saundersfoot mate.

When the tide is out head towards the stream that runs from the harbour walls entrance. Had a few Georgian and Victorian items here including a decent shoe buckle

Good luck matey

See you soon
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »

Well said Neil.  That's where I had my 1st bull head sixpence.  Lots of iron ore on the right hand side though so notch up the iron disc.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal