Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Equinox 800 Settings Help?  (Read 13522 times)
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« on: February 04, 2021, 09:23:24 PM »

Hi All,

I just bought the New Equinox 800 and i personally think its back to square one where  i use to try different programs  etc etc so my question is i am looking for some of your knowledge for a  basic set up with the Nox (Pasture , inland). Thanks everyone and Happy Hunting .Nap.

* 237-37200002_91f.jpg (8.65 KB, 255x255 - viewed 1769 times.)
carling2

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 12:30:35 PM »

Hi nap I've used the nox for exactly a year now( apart from the occasional lockdowns😁)when I 1st started using it I found it well frustrating everything that was going off I was digging and the amount of rubbish was phenomenal,, then after a few days my mate who owns a nox came round and put detecting sids relic finding programme on it,,, ( you can find it on YouTube) now I know it's all about where you go and how often that makes good regular finds but soon as I started using this programme the hammereds started to fly out, have a look give it a whirl see how you get on and good luck
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 12:32:10 PM by carling2 » Logged
jammiedigger

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 04:27:50 PM »

If your still getting used to the machine don't change any programmes use the set programmes they were designed by testers such as Gordon heritage. Gordon heritage has some good advice on the joan allen youtube. I have the 800 im still getting used to it, haven't had much time with it yet. But I know anytime you get a machine it takes time to learn as frustrating as it can get give it time to get used to it.

Enjoy the fields with packed grounds
2 treasure cases 16:33/18:09
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 12:34:09 AM »

I'm currently running pretty hot on the Nox, using field 2 and the standard coil. It isn't the best settings for very noisy and iron filled ground, but it is pretty good almost everywhere else Smiley

I usually run with sensitivity at 25 (no lower than 20) - multi tones or five tones - iron recovery set to 2 - can't really remember the other settings off hand, though I'm not really running a threshold.

I find it quite important to use the horseshoe to check for iron; I do find that there are good targets to be had at the same kind of numbers as iron; but things like coins give quite consistent signals from most directions and have a small pinpoint target.

I seem to dig loads of 1ps and 2ps at the moment; 1ps are 21-26 and 2ps are 27 to 31 (at least on multitones). Pound coins are 20-21, but so are 1/2 silver shilings. half silver 6ds are 17/18. new 50p is around 14, ring pulls are 12/13 - can slaw can be anything from 8 upwards - bottle caps 20/21 usually. Old pennies are 21-23, old half  pennies from 17-20, although if they are uncorroded both of these are much higher (I had an uncorroded 1d that came up at 30).

hammered gold crown came up at 12 - thin gold ring (from testing) 9/10, heavier 18kt gold ring 19.

I'd recommend Dectecting NYC for understanding the Nox - he's done a lot of videos where he is learning the Nox and how to be better at finding things with it over about a year - and he's quite funny too (on Youtube).

Hope that helps!

Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 03:27:24 PM »

Hello, First i want to thank you all for your help i have set the Nox with the 4x4 Program  , so far i have find few old coins that i will never expected  to find on this farm because i have done it over and over so  well happy with the result but good lord i dig a lot of iron, i suppose it will take me a while to understand the detector and that  program  but i am sure we all been in the same boat with the Nox . For now i have been digging  all the wrong signals its mad but to be honest with you i just dig everything @ this time and get a idea what to listen for next time i am out .  Grin. Happy Hunting to you all .
Cheers.Nap...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal