Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappointing to see on Rally  (Read 7460 times)
paulpop

« on: April 03, 2017, 10:17:25 PM »

I was disappointed to see on the rally on sunday that at least 6 people detecting without a finds pouch or a pouch for rubbish, this should be a rule on rallies that all detectorists should have a pouch , where were they putting all the nasty bits they were digging up after all im sure they dug up stuff they didnt want to keep , impossible as a detectorist to not dig up rubbish.
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:55:26 AM »

Even more disappointing to find filled in holes giving a signal and the unwanted rubbish still inside.  Angry
win

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:22:47 AM »

I've never used a finds pouch in 25 years detecting. It all goes in my many pockets, even some big pieces of tin foil on Sunday.
marknewbury1

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »

I never use a find pouch all my in pockets to be honest I never dug up much scrap and if I did small little bits no iron at all been on a lot of w Wales rall ys never had a problem don't take this the wrong way it seems to be you are blaming people I did not have a find pouch I been detecting 4 years always take my scrap with me yes I was pouchless was you no because I was talking to you and having a laugh cheers please don't be offended  army Style trousers big pockets lots of them
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:39:02 PM by marknewbury1 » Logged
d thomas

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »

I always got a finds pouch on but still stick the rubbish in my pockets.  Roll Eyes
marknewbury1

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »

Yes I come across a few holes that somebody dig and put all back nice and tidy I sometimes check other people's holes I come a across 3 one had a Georgian penny somebody missed left in the hole a musket ball must be new to detecting god knows what else they missed a cracking rally I didn't dig much scrap can't wait to go back
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:07:54 PM by marknewbury1 » Logged
gesza

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »

I found a fair few holes that were dug and not filled in properly and bits of scrap not to far away from the holes in the grass not good  Angry

me who dares wins ?
marknewbury1

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 03:14:38 PM »

Yes  and me can only think new members on the rally I don't no could be
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »

To be honest, considering the number of people who were there I was pleasantly surprised at how well the holes had been filled on the (w)hole...  There were a few that I had to stand on (why place the sod back without standing on it is beyond me) but all in all I thought it was well treated, I didnt come across any gaping holes myself, and I was on the lookout for them...    I've seen a lot worse thats for sure.

It does annoy me to see stuff re-buried, when the hedge is a few meters away, but you'll always get some like that Sad  

All in all I'd say the ground was quite well treated considering the numbers and a lot of the members there were new to the game, we all learn sometime.

For those new guys, try and pinpoint your find as accurately as possible and then cut a 3 sided flap a spades wdith on each side and a spades depth deep, flip it out and that way when you flip it back the grass gets a wick effect from the connected side, that will help it recover and will help stop dead patches in the hotter summer months.

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Chris1
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »

It's just a part of rallies sadly theres nobheads in every hobbiy even in our small club there's members who leave scrap in holes and don't fill them properly sadly its just the way it is.
Aledrob13
NWDD Member

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 04:51:23 PM »

I think alot of people noticed that holes were still containing scrap finds I personally went over a whole to find an old tube which had clearly been lifted and placed back in I took the pleasure of removing it for this person.its understandable if something is that big that you don't want to carry it around but still remove it and put it somewhere safe and out the way.

Overall I didn't see any holes not filled back in which was good for the number of people on the dig.

The real treasure is sharing moments of joy with the people around you.
jayhay69
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »

i`ll keep my opinion to myself for now until the review of the dig is uploaded, there might be a couple of pictures added when Neil has sorted the review, i didnt find much but i enjoyed the day with my N.W.D.D`s brothers Smiley

1 x Gold Guinea
1 x Gold posy ring
8 x Roman coins
2 x Roman Brooch
2 x Silver Denari
6 x Hammered
3 x Silver Milled
1 x silver thimble

Caius Vipsanius Ursus
snowdrops
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »

We are relatively new.  We learned how to dig plugs properly before we ever attempted a rally and use rags to put the dirt on when digging in the hole a little so there's none left on the grass.  We also came away with our scrap and the scrap others had left in or near holes. So not necessarily a newbie to be fair.  This dig was far tidier tho than some of the other's we've been too.  Lovely to meet everyone Smiley

Garret AT Pro - Garret Carrot - evo extreme knife and spade.
Trefor Meirionnydd

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »

I do carry a pouch with me but strangely enough I didn't find any scrap big enough to put in it - any small bits of rubbish went in my coat pocket (until it got too hot to wear!). Normally the bag is bulging with drink cans and similar junk but not on Sunday...

The site was big and I only saw a relatively small part of it but I have to say that I didn't come across any holes that needed tidying up and in general I think things were left pretty tidy. Some rally sites are left in a mess and I'd be surprised if detectorists were ever allowed back but I thought last Sunday was OK.
nonker10

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »

i agree with you trefor i didn't see any badly filled holes.i have a finds pouch but dont take it out as i have different pockets allotted to finds coins,junk,and the rarely used special pocket.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal