Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: IS THERE A PROBLEM..?????????  (Read 7387 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: September 27, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »

Is there any one out there apart from Celticspikey, Dungbeetle,and Dingdong ?
I/WE..have noticed a distinct lack of input onto the forum in the last few days.
Can anyone PLEASE give an explanation...as the forum is now very similar to the Mary Celeste !!
Has everyone now decided that all contributions are made through Facebook?
Surely somebody must have some answers... PLEASE..and thanks for reading..👍
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:20:55 PM by dingdong » Logged
simond
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »

Hi Dingdong may I present an ancient doorknob and a bent bit if wire that for some reason I can't throw away fearing that it may have some important historical interest! Sorry it's all I've got but I know what you mean  😂😂😂

* IRS20170927_173425.jpg (144.07 KB, 733x800 - viewed 466 times.)
GJH

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »

I for one am not getting out as often as I would like, so no finds to show or ask for advice.
Geoff
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »

I check every day, but nothing to comment upon sorry  Sad
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »

i have been out for a few hrs every night on different permissions with nothing to show apart from the odd worming tube and crusty penny  Angry hammerds and good milled silvers seem not to exist on my permissions at the min, Roll Eyes

simond
NWDD Member

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »

Also with the nights drawing in and work inconveniently getting in the way! So I'm stuck to weekend's, that's if I'm allowed out to play! 😞
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »

Many thanks guys,its appreciated,after all it's not everyone's cup-tea to go on to face book...and it would be a cardinal sin if we loose this media as a vehicle to promote this wonderful metal detecting hobby of ours....it may be interesting to learn just how many members got to know about the DW forum either through this way or the Facebook method....just curious !!...👍
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 07:29:12 PM »

Even the facebook site is quiet!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 07:39:11 PM »

Many thanks for the information Alan...I was getting quite concerned !! Huh Undecided...good hunting..👍
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 09:33:45 PM »

Hi guys, it's been quiet before on DW and to be fair another site I use is also quiet, not sure about Faceache I don't do it nor do I want too, although I feel eventually I may succombe...untill then Stuff it... Grin
I will try and pop some posts off finds soon, my fields are still in stubble and I hate searching it unless after Xmas and the frosts and weather has hepled to rot it down so need a turn of plough or cultivated.

Untill then if your finding rubbish post it lol....Spikey  Kiss Wink
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 09:44:07 PM »

its funny but i go on face book a good few times a day with work but never associated it with one of my hobbies and always check on here whats going on Grin may be a good idea to arrange a few more DW rally's if poss and possibly a bit of info on open rally's that may be coming up might help get the buzz back on  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:46:47 PM by colwynbay caravans » Logged
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »

Hi Colwyn bay Caravans and Celticspikey (Paul)... apology's Colwyn Bay..don't know your first name !!
Yes I think it would be a great idea if there could be a rally or even a beach meet up down here in West Wales...I do understand the difficulties involved but we'll wishful thinking I suppose..
Anyway,many thanks to you all for all your comments on the topic of IS THERE A  PROBLEM....good hunting guys..👍
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 08:15:39 AM »

I think the issue is that a lot more people communicate via social media now rather than the 'traditional' message boards or forums. All the forums I used to be active on are shells of their former selves regardless as to whether they are detecting, football, film or antique related. They are all quiet. Also apart from work most people have shunned away from desktop computers to hand held devices and perhaps we (DW) don't help ourselves by having to resize images. It takes time where as Instagram/Facebook can take the image immediately without resizing and upload in seconds.

Personally with an ankle biter running round and work being more demanding I just don't get out to do any detecting at the moment. Hopefully that will get easier in the new year. I still have the passion for it just not the time at the moment.

On the rally front we are working on a few - more news to follow.

Keep The Faith
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »

I'm not out as much at the moment, after a shocking run of  months with very little to show I have to say the enthusiasm is at an all time low. Coupled with busy time at work and poor weather (I dont do rain) I have opted to spend more time doing DIY at home and trying to become a better guitarist.

I guess I only use the site when I've got something to show/ask, or when the NWDD are arranging weekend digs, I dont do any other social media/forums.

I check the site every day and try to comment on any finds posted.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:45:18 AM by hotmill » Logged

XP Deus user
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »

Missing me already  Grin Roll Eyes

It had to be quieter without me wittering. Don't worry Chris it does go quiet from time to time but soon picks up again.

I think a lot of the newer members are a little shy of posting what they consider is rubbish. Come one guys let's have a bit of discussion about your latest oddity. You wouldn't believe some of the ID's I've had over the few years I was detecting.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal