Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here, hi all!  (Read 4568 times)
Digitall
Rally attendee

« on: September 11, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »

Hi all!

Just joined!From what I've read so far, seems like this is a great resource for detectorists and lots of info on everything metal detecting!  Smiley

I'm based in Chepstow area, would be good to meet up with other detectorists in this area!

Cheers
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »

Hi Digitall,and a very warm welcome to the Detecting Wales forum,you certainly will be a great deal more out of your Metal detecting hobby by becoming a member.Always feel free to ask as many detecting related questions as you need,there is nearly always someone who is able to answer them,and even if you think that it's a basic detecting question,go ahead and ask,after all,we all had to start at the beginning.
What detector are you using?...have you had any good finds?...anyway,I wish you a very successful and long stay with the Detecting Wales forum and I look forward to seeing all your notable Metal detecting finds...good luck and ..good hunting...👍
Digitall
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »

Many thanks!

I have an old detector which is unbranded, time for an upgrade me thinks! Otherwise I'm pretty new to metal detecting.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »

Hi again Digitall,as you mentioned that you may consider upgrading your metal detector,try not to purchase a detector that is complicated,by that I mean difficult to set up.
Many a new detectorist(including myself) purchased a higher end machine only to become very frustrated almost to the point of throwing it over the hedge !!..lol
As purely a suggestion, the GARRETT range of metal detectors has great range of metal detector's....a very successful detector that they manufacture is their GARRETT ACE250.
It's a very underated Detector,and in actual fact has detected many a hammered coin and even detected hoards.
Anyway,i wish you luck with whatever you choose.
Good hunting..👍
Digitall
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »

Hi Dingdong,
Interesting you mention a Garrett detector because that is what I've been looking at! Do you know if the 250 has a silver only search mode?
There are some good deals online that include a Garrett pinpointer too so I'd better go and do some research!
cheers mate
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »

Hi again Digitall,Its good that you are looking at the GARRETT range of metal detectors.
Now on the point of silver "MODE"...silver can be detected by virtually all metal detectors,I can be assertained by programming your detector to the on screen calibrations.
Initially I would recommend that you stick to the pre-set calibrations on the detector.
Also,it is very,very important to LISTEN TO THE TONES...by learning the tones the detector will tell you virtually what target lays beneath the soil,plus a fair approximation of its depth.....when you get your Detector,put down (bury and cover various different types of coins,silver, nickel,copper,lead etc,by so doing you will hear the different tones of the different metals....it takes practice but when you go out onto the fields you will be much better prepared.... apology's for going on a bit !!
Just a word more on the GARRETT'S....if you intend to go BEACH Detecting as well as detecting the land I would give the ACE 250 machine a miss and go for the EURO ACE...it files better than the 250 on wet black sand,but still good on upper beach dry sand.
Hope it makes sense...good luck,and let's know how your getting on.👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal