Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Val 👍  (Read 2354 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: September 06, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »

Well Val,it seems that I'm going to be the first to say how sorry I as to hear that you have decided to give up the actual physical side of Metal detecting.
HOWEVER,I sincerely hope that you will continue to input your detecting knowledge and know how by means of Detecting Wales forum.
Take care Val and many thanks for all the Detecting help you have shared with me...👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »

You're very welcome Chris. Always pleased to help.

I've always enjoyed the research as much as the swinging so I'll pop in for a nose now and then to see what's been found.

Must admit to feeling a bit sad after I'd posted my Deus off to its new home but rest assured the cash will be going to a worthy cause.......a new conservatory  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

Sorry to hear you're giving up detecting Val, as Chris said please continue to input your knoledge through DW I'm sure you will. I have enjoyed your input and look farward to lots more....Enjoy the conservatory and when you are sitting in the warm sunshine having a drink think of the rest of us walking the fields in rain, sleet,snow, getting caked in mud in search of the holy grail.....lol  Kiss

Talking of the holy grail, this will make you chuckle. I was out today with a mate, I called him over as I uncovered what looked like a silver rim 18 " down as we stared in to the hole I removed said object and there in my hand a stunning chrome tractor part. He walked 20 paces back to his machine took a few steps and had a 89 meter reading on the Deus looked down and there just on the surface a sttunning Gold Noble in cracking condition. I'm not that bitter as it was his permission and it was only fitting it fell to his machine.  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:17:48 AM »

Grin  Cheesy. Like most, been there, done that. Still got one or two of the smaller 'treasure' finds in a tub somewhere. Always raises a smile when I see them. Lots of happy memories, wouldn't have missed it for anything. My only regret is I didn't start the hobby years earlier.
Can still re-live some of those moments by seeing other detectorists finds and wondering, once again, what the heck is that Huh  Most women look at the lates fashions, me, I prefer to look at the latest mud covered oddities. Keep the pics coming.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:23:53 AM by Val Beechey » Logged

wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »

Sorry to hear you are giving up your detecting Val, you have been a mine of information over the years I hope you will still contribute your knowledge. You have helped so much.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »

Mostly a mine of useless information wagis but thanks for the kind comments. It's amazing how much info you pick up along the way. I never realised what a colourful history Wales had till I started detecting, found it fascinating.
Will now devote my energy to my lovely garden (so badly neglected in previous years) and my faithful 4 legged friends. Oh and John of course  Roll Eyes

Autoad
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 11:44:24 PM »

I sorry to hear that you're quitting the job we used to love, But still I respect that and I will look forward to the ideas and knowledge you will share with us here. Have a great time with your family.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:36 AM »

Thanks Autoad. There comes a time ( 73 ) when you have to get things in the right order.
Only so much energy to go around and some things have to come before others.
Just wish I'd started nearer your age and not in my mid 60's Great hobby.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal