Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus lite v Deus full  (Read 5207 times)
Mark D
Rally attendee

« on: September 05, 2017, 07:57:28 PM »

Guys.
I'm interested in an XP Deus but am struggling to afford to afford a Deus full and was wondering if the remote is worth the extra money as was thinking ws4 headphones and 11" coil or looking  at loons second hand setup if it's still available come payday at the end of the month.
Cheers Mark
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »

I bought the full set up and Ws5 headphones. Only ever used the controller not the headphones for programs. I believe you are limited on adapting programs with the phones but they are fine for pre sets.
If you'd be happy with that then go for the light. You can get a controller later if you're one that likes to personalise things. One went on the bay recently for just over £400.
Would recommend WS 5 phones though.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Mark D
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »

Thanks Val much appreciated. The only reason I thought the ws4 was to be able to read the target Id off the unit on a watch or the stem if I didn't manage to get the remote.
On a side note,how do you find the Deus for me it would be an upgrade from my explorer 2 for inland and use explorer at the beach.
cheers Mark
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

Deus will do beach with some adjustments but it'll never be as good as a minelab.

Not sure what you're saying about the ws4 and something to read of the stem ? As far as I know the only difference between the 4's and 5's is where they sit on your head.
Main reason I suggested the 5's is because they are bigger and easier to fiddle with. Set up which program you want, put them on and away you go.
Not very tech minded though so maybe someone else with more experience will help.
Shame you missed mine. Sold it last week, good as new and still 2 1/2 years warranty.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:10:07 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Mark D
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:36:04 PM »

Val, with the ws4 I thought the control unit was detachable from the headphones so you could make adjustments without taking headphones off but I might be mistaken.
Now you've sold the Deus what have you opted for,did you just fancy a change or was there something you didn't like about it.

Cheers Mark
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 09:47:19 PM »

No replacement Mark. Decided to hang up my boots. Nearly 73 so had a good innings but regret starting so late.
The old legs can only do so much !

Liked the Deus but loved the Safari. Deus liked gold. Safari liked silver and the beach but was heavy.

relicron

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »

Hello mark,everybody to they're own,but myself I wouldn't swap my Deus lite for any detector out there,nor would I bother to pay the extra for the remote,you can set and do all the programs you like on the ws4's without going through so many things to get to the same program on the remote,plus I think it will make you better at it ,without the remote as you get to listen and tell what the signals are telling you,brilliant machine,just listen to the scratchy tones cos 9 out of ten times they are the deep ones,and some of them are as deep as you would like to dig,on the beach just put it on wet or dry beach and the ground balance will drop from 90 to 27,and then its just adjust to suit,hope this helps you,cheers mark,Ron.
Mark D
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »

Ron.  Thanks for the input it is much appreciated and it helps loads as it is what I was hoping to hear as the extra for the remote seemed a bit over the top.
Val I want to thank you for your comments and I hope you keep helping the new members out like myself as you don't realise how valuable this is.
Thanks Mark
JBM

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »

Hi Mark,

You can always purchase a controller later on.

If you can find the extra cash then go for the full kit.

I have been using the Deus since they came out infact my first Deus machine was number 008.

Iam still detecting at knocking 83 also detecting 3 times a week and often joke that some day a farmer will get the tractor out to get remains back home.

Seriously,after a lifetime detecting the XP Deus has found me more finds than any other machine.

Its also light as a feather compared to many other machines.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:37:11 AM by JBM » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 09:13:40 PM »

I liked the Deus I had, (Full 9" coil plus WS4 phones) - the two reasons I got rid of mine were a) I didn't want to have to fork out for effectively a new detector for the 11" coil which is what I wanted and b) I was having a bad time of detecting, so cut back to 1 detector (and also partly my children wanted it for themselves, so I sold it before they broke it).

Seriously though - even my then 6 year old could use it, it was that light.
Mark D
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 04:25:37 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.All I can say is there are not many hobbies that can involve 6 year olds up to 83 year olds and beyond.Isn't it great that different generations can come together and enjoy the same passion and all go out on a Sunday looking to enjoy this great countryside of ours.
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »

100% Mark...its better than the best ...good hunting mate..👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal