Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My New Baby !!  (Read 2330 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: July 21, 2017, 08:45:41 PM »

You can't take the Deus on holiday she informed me and of course I agreed  Grin, it will stay at home for when I return to the fields and harvest ..... However she said nothing about buying, and taking a Scuba Tector and a new mask. I've missed beach searching and the BLING !!!!  Tongue and life's to short. One good ring and it's paid for, I will give you an update when I return.     

* 004.JPG (111.21 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 233 times.)
simond
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »

That's basically my Christmas list for Barbados in January. I'd be really interested in your feedback  Smiley
b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »

Omg, how things progress. I used to detect the beaches of Spain many years ago. Not the dry sand but about 8 feet down with a lung on. Everything I found was either saleable, keepable or spendable.
The local cake shop would trade any coins regardless of nationality for cakes and pies. Spare bling, and there was plenty of it, went to a dealer in London who would lever out any stones for return.He only wanted the gold as scrap. Wife, friends and relatives had little pressies and now 99% has gone.
Used to take a van over and drive up through France into Costa Blanca. It was all part of the adventure.
Now I look at your little underwater detector and mask/breathing tube that would almost fit in to your wifes lipstick case and I am jealous.
Have fun and be safe.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »

That's basically my Christmas list for Barbados in January. I'd be really interested in your feedback  Smiley
Definantly give an update on return... Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »

Omg, how things progress. I used to detect the beaches of Spain many years ago. Not the dry sand but about 8 feet down with a lung on. Everything I found was either saleable, keepable or spendable.
The local cake shop would trade any coins regardless of nationality for cakes and pies. Spare bling, and there was plenty of it, went to a dealer in London who would lever out any stones for return.He only wanted the gold as scrap. Wife, friends and relatives had little pressies and now 99% has gone.
Used to take a van over and drive up through France into Costa Blanca. It was all part of the adventure.
Now I look at your little underwater detector and mask/breathing tube that would almost fit in to your wifes lipstick case and I am jealous.
Have fun and be safe.
Cheers b.buoy, I use to travel to Spain on a coach with 20 odd other detectorists to Salou, just to wet suit up with the Excalibur, always paid for the trip, and the wife claimed some cracking diamond rings best one came up deep with a Paesata in scoop, they were good days. Obviously no great depth will be achieved on this hand held detector and I can only search at snorkelling depth ie arms length....but if i can't find some Gold stragglers, then I'll show my arse on my town hall steps... Grin Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

Hi Paul,good luck with the new toy !!...I lived and worked on the Costa Blanca(Torrevieja) for over eleven years, Unfortunately no time to detect...(busy working!!)...not funny when it's 40degrees !!
Saw a few detectorist's, apparently as Spain is a very Catholic country most bathers wear a  gold/silver crucifix.when they go in for a dip !!..great pickings !!
Get on to the beach either very early in the morning,or later at night,I'm sure you will do well.
Have a great safe  holiday,plenty of sun,sea,and Sangria !!
Bueno vacaciones !!😁...Viva Espan'a

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:20:00 PM by dingdong » Logged
Andre

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:29:22 AM »

I'm Portuguese and I have a house near the coast,going on my hols next Thursday and I can't take my detector.Its illegal to detect on beaches and even on private land any treasure found belongs to the state,old fashioned laws from the 40's that never changed.
Detecting its still frowned upon,like some weird activity.There are some guys detecting on beaches but risk being fined and the machines confiscated by police or council officers.I would not like to do this hobby looking over my shoulder like a criminal.Its a shame and they are trying to lobby the government to change the laws.We have centuries of roman occupation,Celtic heritage and other peoples before the romans even vikings,and it's all laying there wasting away.Near my town there's a hillfort with round houses and square ones after the Romans took over,the walls are still a couple of feet high,only 25% was uncovered and it's sort of abandoned,fenced off.it was excavated a few decades ago,they found stuff which are in a museum and that's it.I went there a few times,somebody cut a hole through the fence so I went up there and it's unreal the place,time capsule..I'll post a screenshot of the place

* RenderedContent-492773C3-8691-409A-80BC-666C9BAB5081.JPG (168.65 KB, 1136x852 - viewed 392 times.)

* RenderedContent-C7EC06E0-05AB-42B5-B888-F71642D40994.JPG (146.55 KB, 1136x852 - viewed 399 times.)
Andre

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 09:38:07 AM »

How it looks on site,was first occupied in V bc.

* RenderedContent-3FC941FD-50B1-4D71-A416-FE62C96AB242.JPG (170.11 KB, 1136x852 - viewed 513 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal