Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I'm getting another MACRO RACER !!  (Read 4962 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »

Hi Alan,many,many thanks for the "Brilliant"welcome back..😂....Gotta say I didn't honestly realise how very much I would miss actually putting the coil  close to the  soil !!
It was a very difficult decision to make in what seems an eternity ago when I was forced into concentrating all my energies into looking after "she who must always be obeyed"
I'm slowly being now able to start (replaceing) all my Detecting gear which i sadly and stupidly got rid of....but there ya go ..live and learn !!
I will actually start getting back out there this October..after all the crops are off...and then..
YIPPEE !!!!...😀😀😀😀😀!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:23:21 PM by dingdong » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »

Hi Mr PROBONO !!..how are you keeping,and thanks for your comments.
I'm going to stick with the Macro RACER (red).. original...it a detector that I really relate to.When I had my first Racer it was such an easy detector to learn...and it improved even more with the addition of a MARS"TIGER"coil..WOW !!..what a difference, much more deapth,and far more sensetivitie.!!...for me a dream machine at a very competitive price.
Also I found it had a very  acceptable performance on black mineralised sand.My Actual re-start will probably be at the beginning of Autumn...bit cooler and hopefully some nice landowner will allow me to detecting on his/her fields.
Nice to hear from you,Good hunting...👍

I've put the Mars Goliath coil on mine - I was out on the weekend with it, and certainly with the Iron now high tone and loud, it's stopped me from digging so much iron (as I reject a lot more of it as being iron). Didn't find too much, but then I took it to the field that was available, from which I've had some hammered in the past, but has been very quiet for the last few years - did get a Victorian brooch (perhaps) in bronze, so that was something Smiley I'm thinking I probably would have preferred the Makro 1 as it is much more like the T2 which I really liked. Mind you it always takes time to get to know a detector - just need some land with something on it.......
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »

Macro... continued !!....yep,as we all say and agree we all have our particular brands/types of metal detectors.
And to be very fair I've only tried out a small percentage of them, Minelab's,Garrett's, Nokta's and obviously MACRO'S....yea,they all had their plus points,and all had their negatives .
But on a purely personal level the "RACER (red) comes out tops...I couldn't believe just how easy it was to set up,and is as light as a feather,great on  those full on Detecting hunts.
Its also a very deep /sensitive detector.....now comes the even better bit..I happened to read an article about the MARS 'TIGER' coil.so i decided to push the boat out and purchase one...WOW !!.. bloomin eck !!..+ other unprintable expletives...what a BRILLIANT improvement on an already superlative machine,also bearing in mind the mid price range.
So,when I can for time to get another machine I was tempted to go for the MACRO 2...but after reading the reviews it seems that the main consensus of opinion pointed out that yes it had a few more bells & whistles but actually didn't make any difference to the overall efficiency of the machine...so as a wise old man once told me"Why spend a £1:00..when 50 pence is more than sufficient.
So for me its a MACRO RACER RED....and the addition of a MARS"TIGER" coil... PERFECT!!!..Thanks for reading, and good successful hunting to you all...👍

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal