Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hot hot hot  (Read 2098 times)
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« on: June 21, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »

how do people cope detecting in this weather,had a hour on beach after work a few days ago and i was drenched after a hr Undecided,
wanted to go tonight on some pasture but even hotter tonight 30c here Sad
on the plus side had a drive out farm knocking  and picked up a new permission on a farm with newly cut fields Grin
will have a go tomorrow after work if its a bit cooler,has any body on here been out in this hot weather   Roll Eyes
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 06:50:10 PM »

Hi there Colwyn bay,as you asked the question about heat...a couple of years ago I went out Detecting in very similar heat as we have recently experienced.
As I was Detecting I had a really good deep signal...I got all excited..and kept Digging away for nearly an hour...with the sun belting down on me,but you know what it is,I had to keep going until I unearthed a huge piece of a couldron..and although it was iron the good signal was from a piece of brass "potmend"attached to the broken piece.
Sorry,I will continue with my tale of woe and warning.
During that time of DIGGING I got very,very dehydrated,so much so that I had to go home, when I got home I felt really rough.... palpitations !!...even the blood pressure monitor would not register...it kept saying ERROR !!....very scarey indeed..so please be careful out there,if you find a very deep signal on a very hot day....leave a marker,and go back to it on a cooler day....and as I was later told,what I found that day nearly killed me !!...also remember,if it's been in the soil for a few hundred years...ages more days/weeks ain't going to make any difference !!......any sorry about the ramblings !!!.....good hunting..👍
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »

glad you was ok mate,yes very very important to stay hydrated if out in this weather as you say it can catch you out  Angry
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »

Hi Again mate,I found a good remedy that works regarding those bloody horseflies.
What you need is to get hold of some English lavender water..(most chemists have it ..or eBay...get a small plastic atomiser from WILCO'S...do a 50/mix tap water/lavender water .
When you get onto the field spray it around your neck..and around your wrists...that will keep the little critters off you.....well it worked for me,I learned it when I lived in Spain.
Might be worth a try.....good hunting..👍🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:52:02 PM »

will try that cheers Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:36:42 PM »

Unbelievably the temp. here ( near Tenby) has dropped 10 deg. cent. In the last couple of hours. A thick mist has rolled in off the sea and it's more than welcome.
Forecast is a bit lower for tomorrow so happy hunting.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »

It may be quarter to ten but it's still 24 degrees here.🔥
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 05:03:32 AM »

I put the morning in at Talacre on Sunday but threw the towel in by lunch time, the heat was blistering and barefoot tourists were all running amuck by then.

The real problems started when trying to leave the "free" beach car park, it was totally gridlocked and nothing could get on or off for ages.   Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal