Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to Talacre, perhaps!  (Read 3451 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: May 19, 2017, 08:34:10 PM »

Having recently been knocked off my feet by a viral infection contracted from our three year old grand-daughter, I am slowly getting back into the swing of day to day living. Chickenpox; bah!

The Safari has been broken out of it's resting place, the Nel Big coil has been fitted and a home made bungee clipped to the shaft.

Any one else doing some beach detecting this coming Sunday?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »

Hi me ole mate... sorry to hear about the "Chicken pox".... NASTY !!!😟!!!
Glad to hear that your well on you road to recovery..😉...also hoping that you make some significant finds on Talacre.....good hunting..😁
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:27:19 PM »

Hi Chris, thanks for the good wishes. Having had the Shingles inoculation, I didn't develop the normal rash that one would expect but had the worse case of acute septic tonsillitis to go with it. Couldn't even swallow water for days but it had its' good point; I lost a couple of pound of my excess weight that I had been carrying around.

I did make it to Talacre but somewhat later than I normally like to make a start on the beach. Arrived about half past seven and headed for some areas were I anticipated getting the odd coin or two and practised the new search pattern that I picked up from one of my old detecting magazines. Put in just over five hours and managed to wheedle out a dozen coins and plenty of large pieces of copper shrapnel from 50 cal projectiles.

3 X 2p decimal
                    2 X 1p decimal
                    3 X Georgian 1d
                    1 X Georgian 1/2d
                    2 X 3d bits
                    1 x  6d piece

.......... all need cleaning to establish actual crowned heads and dates.

Paid a heavy price in aches, pains, and stiff joints for twenty four hours after and will have to give some serious thought to rationing my detecting hours in future. The Evolution sand scoop helps to take a lot of the stress out of the digging and having given up with my designer made bungee I fashioned one from a couple of luggage bungee cords and it worked a treat. The heavy Safari, with the Nel big coil fitted, floated sweetly just above the sand and I just had to press slightly to sweep really low, without any restriction on the swing arc. 

ps     I'm still playing around with taking up airgunning as a stand by hobby for when I can no longer swing the detectors.  Wink       

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 11:41:37 PM »

Hi me ole mate,will post thoughts later...thanks for post ..catch ya tomorrow ...👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »

It looks like there are still some finds to be made in between the mountains of WWII scrap at Talacre and all it takes is a new approach and a little parallel thinking to produce some odds n sods. Of course there were plenty of copper fifty cal jackets that fooled both me and the Safari into thinking that
 they were coins.  Roll Eyes

* Talacre dirty dozen.JPG (84.64 KB, 413x585 - viewed 496 times.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:48:56 PM by Resurgam » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal