Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to go from here ??  (Read 7905 times)
s12aun

« on: May 01, 2017, 06:55:05 PM »

Hi guys.

I'm currently using the whites coinmaster which has been my first detector and I'm thinking of getting something else to use. Can anyone recommend a new machine that is the next step up from the coin master. I'm looking in the range of £500 or so, any advice welcome as there's so many to choose from.

Thanks

Ooooo that sounds nice Smiley
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »

Hi ya  mate,when I made my upgrade I went onto buy a  MACRO RACER (RED)...its well worth taking a good look,and you should be able to get hold of one especially if you plan to chop House in on a part exchange deal.
Out of all the Detectors I owned (and I had a few!!!)the Racer is a very,very underestimated metal detector...
Perhaps other Macro owners would like to comment...good or not so good !!
But speaking from my own personal experience... nothing better....good hunting..👍
s12aun

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »

Cheers dingdong.

I've not seen that brand detector yet so will take a peek now. Nice one 👍

scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:06:26 PM »

Hello
I currently use a new Fisher f75, personally for the money I think it would be a machine that would be hard to beat. Any new detector would have to be really good to tempt me away from it.
However they do say the makro racer 2 is a great detector though having not used one I would not be able to comment on it properly.
I think once you have several reccomendations you would be best to read up on each machine to see which may best suit you and your needs.
Good luck with whatever machine you decide upon.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:08:06 PM by scara » Logged
s12aun

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:17:34 PM »

Hi scara.

Thanks for your post. I've been on joanallen site looking at the makro racer which is about £380 ex vat but it does come with a pinpointed which is worth £150 so is good value.

Ding ding, is that the one you were talking about as I couldn't see the "red" one on there.

Thanks

scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »

I dont think that is the racer 2 but it might be the one ding dong was talking about. The racer 2 is further down the page.
Joan allen also sell the fisher have a look at that as well in comparison.
s12aun

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 09:09:59 PM »

Will do cheers mate.

s12aun

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 06:26:57 PM »

Well I went and ordered the fisher f75 special edition from Joan Allen. Super exited to get that tomorrow. Not so exited that they charged me full price when I called today and it's still advertised for the sale price on their website.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »

It'd probably go down like a lead brick if you queried the price now but , unless the rules have changed, they should honour their advertised price.
Up to you but if it's a big difference I'd ask about it and point of the error.

Best of luck with though. Hope you find some goodies.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »

Hi mate congratulations on your forthcoming purchase..... saying that I have to go with Val 100%....I really do think that you should have pushed for a discount at least...after all there are plenty of dealers out there who would bite your hand off to get a deal... anyway,good luck and good hunting..👍
s12aun

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 08:06:37 PM »

Hi guys.

I'm definitely calling them as they honoured the advertised to give me all the additional stuff but told me I would have to pay the full price of £999. But when I looked this evening to check it's advertised with the same items and shows the original price of £999 and then the sale price of £780 below !I would say legally the have to honour the price (I have screenshots of the page in case )

Cheers

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 05:52:59 PM »

Not in the same league but John phoned up to order ANOTHER plane today plus a few bits. Their advert said free post on orders over £100 but when they sent confirmation E.Mail postage was added into the price.
He phoned them and queried the charge and was told it was an internet offer only but they would refund it as a curtesy!
I had a similar experience last year with a jacket at Marks & Spencer. Internet sale price I was told and it ended the night before when I was looking at it at home. No mention of end date that I saw and it was a take it or leave it attitude.
Hope you don't find the same with your Fisher, it's a big difference.

s12aun

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 06:18:59 AM »

Hi val.

I did contact them and they to said the sale offer price was only available if you paid the amount in full, if you take the 0% package then you pay the full price which I was told is in very small writing at the very bottom of the page not next to the prices where I think it should be. But once your on the phone it's tempting then isn't it so clever or crafty sales tactics there !

Nevertheless Ive got a new detector and can wait to get out there hunting !!!

Thanks

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »

Ah right. Didn't realise you'd taken the zero interest option. (Which isn't really zero if you think about it)
But as you said, you've got a new detector complete with guarantee for peace of mind.
Look forward to seeing all the goodies you find with it.  Wink

s12aun

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »

I'm out tomorrow on a permission in the Brecon area so hope to find something interesting. The f75 is a completely different machine from the coin master, lots of new noises etc.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal