Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone !!  (Read 5786 times)
s12aun

« on: April 17, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »

Hi members.

I've recently started using my coin master pro and garret pinpointer and have found some nice finds. Lots of old coinage, pennies, halfpennies, sixpence' and two silver coins namely a catholic pendant, a 1928 sixpence and a 1944 shilling. It's got me hooked and can't wait to get back out there !!

How do I go about finding out how owns certain areas of land and getting permissions?

Thanks

Ooooo that sounds nice Smiley
spaceonwhite

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:24:25 PM »

Hi s12aun,

Glad you're hooked too! I've been detecting for the last 6 months and I definitely have the bug as well.  Grin

I've managed to get 3 good permissions by writing to farmers with a letter introducing myself including a self-addressed stamped envelope and a flyer I had printed detailing more about me. Copy here  - https://www.dropbox.com/s/q899gmsqfzo1xmz/Jeff%20Metal%20Detecting%20Leaflet.pdf?dl=0 . I'm a designer by trade so I know this isn't something most could do, but I wanted to give the landowner a taste of who I am as at the end of the day they have to trust you and let you on their land. I didn't fancy cold calling farmers but I'm sure it works but it's a numbers game. The more you ask, the more likely you are to get a permission.

As to finding out who owns land, I just look at farms on google maps to contact.

Good luck  Smiley
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »

The best way is to go to farms and ask if you can go on their land but if you want to get details on a specific piece of land you can get the info from the land registry but I believe you have to pay for it. Good luck and good hunting and welcome to probably best forum in the world
s12aun

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:08:20 PM »

Thanks for the tips guys. I've tried to post my finds from my phone but can't as the files are too large. I'll try from the laptop tomorrow, it fascinating finding these lost items ain't it !!

Ooooo that sounds nice Smiley
Myke
NWDD Member

seek and ye shall find......ring pulls mainly!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »

Hi s12aun,

Glad you're hooked too! I've been detecting for the last 6 months and I definitely have the bug as well.  Grin

I've managed to get 3 good permissions by writing to farmers with a letter introducing myself including a self-addressed stamped envelope and a flyer I had printed detailing more about me. Copy here  - https://www.dropbox.com/s/q899gmsqfzo1xmz/Jeff%20Metal%20Detecting%20Leaflet.pdf?dl=0 . I'm a designer by trade so I know this isn't something most could do, but I wanted to give the landowner a taste of who I am as at the end of the day they have to trust you and let you on their land. I didn't fancy cold calling farmers but I'm sure it works but it's a numbers game. The more you ask, the more likely you are to get a permission.

As to finding out who owns land, I just look at farms on google maps to contact.

Good luck  Smiley

Well done on getting permissions with the leaflet...you deserve it. !

Anticipation of Gold, old and yellow, keeps me swinging
Greg

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »

Wagis is correct, go to www.gov.uk then Land Registry.
They have a new online service where you can get:-
Title summery (owner, price paid, mortgage etc) for £3
Title register, document of ownership (if it has been registered) £3
Title plan (boundaries) £3.
You will probably need the summery for the owner and the plan for the map. Therefore £6 could be well spent.
spaceonwhite

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »

Cheers Myke
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

welcome to the forum
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 04:24:25 PM »

Just to add a little something to all those who have given their sound advice regarding "obtaining permission's".
I've always found that once you manage to get your first permission,keep your farmer/landowner fully aware of any finds you may have detected,where ,and on what field(without being a pain)....in other words,get to know him,.....then after a while ask him if he wouldn't mind giving him as a referee regarding the possibility of Detecting on his neighbours farm land...its worth a try,and ..well it's worked for me.
Good hunting, and good luck on getting your permission's.......👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal