Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: White Flint Arrowhead  (Read 4749 times)
roughneck

T2 SE

« on: April 16, 2017, 04:08:34 PM »

Hi Folks
Me and Ron had a lovely day on part of a large Gloucestershire estate yesterday.  We shared thousands of acres with a few walkers, some deer, pheasants, a mad stoat and lots of other wildlife.  There were plenty of ploughed fields for us to explore, but we decided to search a field where I found a nice Roman Trumpet brooch a few weeks ago.  First find of any note was a beautiful silver Celtic unit of the Dobunni tribe which fell to Ron (lucky Ron as I now call him, amongst other expletives of course).  Then a small grot and a few ship halfpennies were unearthed.  About an hour into the search I had a signal on my Deus and when I looked down to pinpoint, I couldn't believe my eyes because there on the surface was a near perfect White Flint Arrowhead identical to those found in the grave of the Archer at Amesbury.  What a find, so rare and my very first flint find.  Then we found loads of buttons and a few other bits and pieces such as musket balls, a part book strap, a couple of buckles and a few more grotty Roman coins, the best one, a R3 Constans, is photographed.  Then disaster struck, my Deus coil decided to die on me.  This is the second time this has happened and I've checked to make sure it is fully charged.  It just does not seem to be holding it's charge, maybe a new battery needed?  Anyone had the same problem?  So that was the end of my day, but we have planned to visit the same field again in the near future.  Cheers and Happy Digging!!  Tom.

* IMG_1096.JPG (123.38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 484 times.)

* IMG_1098.JPG (110.49 KB, 640x480 - viewed 587 times.)

* IMG_1100.JPG (99.62 KB, 640x480 - viewed 598 times.)
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »

nice well found on the flint  Shocked
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:58:28 PM »

Hi Tom & Ron...And WOW !!...what a BRILLIANT DETECTING day you both had,well done to the both of you,i absolutely love the arrowhead... Spectacular to say the least...
Also,many thanks for putting up some great photos,and also for putting together a great piece regarding your day out...Great piece of reading..👍!!
Sorry to hear your having problems with your DEAUS coil....Great detectors...But very temperamental !!!...Shame !!!... Anyway hope you get it fixed soon....Good Hunting..👍
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 07:45:56 PM »

What a cracking permission you guys have Tom, well done the arrow head is a fine example mate. I've been having trouble with my 11" coil showing fully charged via the light but in fact I have been doing a second charge straight after to top up Huh Frustrating to say the least...I have reflashed the coil, mite be worth you trying if you haven't already.  Wink
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 08:05:11 PM »

Thanks Guys,
It is a wonderful permission and we're very fortunate to have it.  Please Paul can you explain how to reflash my 13 x 11 coil.
It certainly is a nuisance when it dies half way through a good detecting session.
Cheers.  Tom.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 09:17:59 PM »

Go to Deus site (Update) What version are you using...V2, 3 or have you updated to V4 Tom.
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »

Sticking on V3 for now Paul. I'll have a look at website as you've suggested.  Other than that I suppose I'll have to go to Regtons for a fix.  Cheers.  Tom
Myke
NWDD Member

seek and ye shall find......ring pulls mainly!

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »

Wow...what a find (arrow head)....as for the coil, it sounds like its failing to hold its charge...its an easy fix but best done by the like of Regtons...they are super quick at turning things around...I needed a new control pad front, sent it on Tuesday, had it back Thursday!!!

Anticipation of Gold, old and yellow, keeps me swinging
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:36 PM »

Super arrow and one I'd love to find. Better than any coin (except a gold one) well found.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 03:36:01 PM »

Thanks Val, the arrowhead find was totally unexpected and rather unbelievable at first sight, and thanks everyone for the positive remarks and suggestions re. my coil.  Happy Digging!!!  Tom.
Johnboy25

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »

Nice collection of finds that would make my day .
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 06:39:15 PM »

Absolutely love the arrowhead. What a great find  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal