Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GHOST SIGNALS  (Read 1544 times)
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« on: June 26, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »

IT  MAY  SOUND LIKE A STUPID QUESTION  BUT   WHAT  ACTUALLY CAUSES  GHOST SIGNALS  Huh Huh Huh   I USED  TO FIND  THAT  I WOULD  GET  A GREAT SIGNAL  WITH  MY OLD MACHINE ,,,,, DIG  IT   AND  IT  WOULD  TOTALLY  VANISH  LIKE A FART  IN A TORNADO  Huh Huh
IS  IT  MINERALISATION  IN THE  GROUND  AND IF  SO  WHY  IS  IT  ONLY IN CERTAIN  PLACES   Huh Huh
MY NEW MACHINE  DOSENT SEEM TO DO IT NOW  AS IT  HAS  A GOOD  DISCRIM   ON IT   BUT  IT  HAS BEEN  PUZZLING  ME  FOR A WHILE NOW

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
viking

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »

it could be a 1 way signal or after u disturb the dig the coin could be on an uprite position ... sometimes if u loose the signal after u dig it up just use your pinpoint its worked for me digga Grin
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »

What I find is that with big iron - Deep , it can trick your machine into thinking its a good signal, as soon as you dig some earth off the top it clears enough to recognise its actually Iron and Discrims it out.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
cardiff bats (Paul)

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 07:59:17 AM »

I had the same last week ....really good signal , started to dig down and pulled out the biggest piece of iron plough i have ever seen Cheesy

Civility costs nothing....Excellence even less
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »

Having discrimination on any detector doesn`t erradicate ghost signals whatsoever.
 in fact you will find that in all metal where you do not get any discrimination involved, you will not get ghost signals at all, and you`ll actually get a better clearer target response signal received.
 Ghost signals are caused by over use of gain, and /or a lot of mineralization ground effect bombarding your detectors response signals . You do not get mineralization effect in all metal,only when you use the Discrim mode/s.
High Gain or otherwise known as Sensetivity is more often than not the main cause.
if you do encounter ghost signals, try lowering your sensetivity  gradually till the Ghosting stops.  I hope this is of some help to you .

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

AHHHH    OK    AND  THANKS   FOR  ALL  THE  HELP  FOLKS   Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 04:22:47 PM »

Did you have a ghost signal or could it be a genuine signal you could not find?

On the last Highbridge rally I came across a detector digging a large hole and shaking his head in disbelief.

He said he had a cracking signal but as soon as he dug a hole it disappeared so he thought it may have pushed the coin or whatever it was onto its side. He was now using his probe and getting no signal any more so he suggested it must have been a ghost signal.

His spade was stuck in the ground behind him. I suggested he get the spade and check to see if there was anything stuck to it... lo and behold... a tube was stuck to his spade.

So .. some ghost signals are not actually ghost signals.. they could be a genuine signal but lost because because the coin or whatever could now be stuck to the spade itself and not in the hole you just dug.

Every Day is a Lovely Day

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal