Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sheep on there backs  (Read 1316 times)
colwynbay caravans
NWDD Member

« on: February 27, 2017, 08:23:50 PM »

i was out detecting for a hour yesterday and saw a sheep on its own with its legs in the air and moving  Undecided i have seen this before and they get stuck and cannot get back up.i went over to stand it up it was a very sad sight as the crows had pecked its eyes out  Cry it was a very sad sight and all i could do is put the sheep up right and tell the farmer,i guess what i am saying please keep a eye out for any stranded sheep when out detecting and see if you can get it up right as quick as you can to give it a chance of survival.
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »

It can happen very quickly in this weather as the fleece get saturated in water and if the sheep lays down all that weight can run to the lowest level and pin the sheep down. Just pop them back on their feet if their alive. Bloody crows are quick to spot an easy target that's the problem.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
spaceonwhite

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 02:59:43 PM »

Came across a sheep on it's own and on it's side barely moving a couple of weeks ago as well. I wasn't sure if it was pregnant so I just rang my farmer to inform him. Only been detecting for a few months so still getting used to being in fields with livestock. I still run a mile when groups of them head towards me so I will have to man up a bit more before I could attempt to help one up!  Shocked
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »

Normally, as I move slowly around a field with sheep in it, they move away from me but one winters day I climbed into a field and the whole bloody flock came galloping towards me. I climbed out again PDQ!

Because I was wearing a big fluorescent jacket and a scarlet baseball cap, I think the bloomin sheep thought I was some one that normally gave them their winter feed.

Ask Chris (Dungbeetle) about my poor sick sheep that I tried to help and reported to a guy on the farm. Sad

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal