Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm Doris  (Read 3156 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: February 23, 2017, 07:02:33 AM »

With storm "Doris" bringing in big winds from the Atlantic and across the Irish Sea, directly into Liverpool Bay and the Dee Estuary; I wonder if she will strip or dump sand on the coast.

Whilst discussing the naming of storms with the wife and our daughter's husband last night; the wife asked why they name them all after women and the son-in-law
said that they do name some after men. After several seconds, I said...........those major storms that occur on a regular monthly basis are those that they name after women. And then I ran for cover!   Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:21:25 PM »

Lots of sand blowing around down on Talacre beach Chris, it was a good storm ! Our electric has only just come back on, been off since this morning.
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:22:28 PM »

I had a look down by splash point in Rhyl this afternoon, rocks exposed there then I haven't seen for years
mudskipper

hi from newbee

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:45 PM »

Popped down barry island for a look today, the tide was half way up the beach so couldn't get a good look but from what I could see it had brought more sand to the upper half of the beach Sad
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 09:00:59 PM »

I was toying with beaching it tomorrow afternoon myself. Hoping the sand is moving.

Any other updates for South Wales beaches?

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 10:28:13 PM »

Lots of sand blowing around down on Talacre beach Chris, it was a good storm ! Our electric has only just come back on, been off since this morning.

Hi Chris,
                I haven't been to Talacre for some months now but seeing that Sunday may offer a break in the bad weather and give us a day without rain, I'm thinking of skipping down there and working the Safari over a couple of areas where I have had interesting finds in the past.

High tide is scheduled for a little after 10.00 hrs and I will probably arrive in time for the opening of the beach car-park, work the foot of the dunes and then follow the tide out to one or two spots of interest. That is unless the bloomin tides have dumped mountains of sand on them.

Not seen Richie Sixpence for some time now and tend to miss his company on the beach. Your are more than welcome to drop by for a chat if you like but I suppose you will be out with the dirt diggers? Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »

Stormy weather

* Doris.JPG (165.59 KB, 466x607 - viewed 846 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal