Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2565 times)
romany jones
Rally attendee

« on: January 30, 2017, 06:38:04 PM »

Hi all i am a retired RMN living semi off grid in a small van in a field in pembrookshire, I am roma hence the name, I have been looking for a new hobby for a while and after watching a a tv program called the detectorists I thought about joining a club so am on the lookout for a decent entry level detector.
Myke
NWDD Member

seek and ye shall find......ring pulls mainly!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »

Hi Roma,
Beware, it's addictive ! How many pennies do you want to spend? And what sort of land are you going to search...pasture or beach?
There are so many types of detector these days, the cheap ones are basically toys and the top of the range ones are very expensive

Anticipation of Gold, old and yellow, keeps me swinging
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »

It's often a good idea to start with a  machine without too many bleeps and whistles - and maybe even secondhand so that if you don't get on with the hobby you won't lose anything if you chose to then sell the machine on.

I usually suggest something like a Garrett Ace 250 as a good machine to start with that is good value and can find some wonderful things.

If you have more money available then something like a Technetics T2, or the Fisher equivalent is a good machine that is simple to use - indeed I bought a machine that I didn't understand at first, but then got a T2 and learned how to detect with that - made a huge difference.
romany jones
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »

Hi I will be detecting on farmland mainly around the village where my caravan is at present, A member on here has offered me a c scope cs 3mx which is on budget for me, read some reviews and it appears to be a no nonsense machine ideal for a newb like me all help and tips welcome, it appears there is a club close to where i am based at present Llanelli.
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 07:08:43 PM »

You will do alright with the 3mx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal