Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Anyone Please Help - Janner in need of a Day's Detecting Next Weekend  (Read 2343 times)
saffronspice
Rally attendee

« on: January 19, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »

Excuse me contacting you all, but my name is Mandy Vickery and I live in Cornwall, near the North Coast.
I'm a new member on here as I've just found this site. I took up detecting a year ago when my kids left home, to fill that big black hole they leave and also so I could actually share an interest with my Welsh other half Dave – not an easy thing to find! We’re both ex-forces and so quite independent.
Well, I then got the bug and am now in the usual slightly addicted condition most of us seem to be.

For my birthday the other half has booked a trip to Cardiff for a concert(surprise-hope it’s not the Chuckle Brothers) and then we’re meandering our way slowly home over the weekend of 28th and 29th January – next weekend. It seems a real shame to go anywhere without my Deus and also to be in another part of the country and not get out with a club or another detectorist somewhere.

So thought I would be cheeky and get in touch. Is there any chance anyone might possibly have a club dig that weekend and be willing to welcome two Cornish guests for the day, please? We’d both be very grateful and it would be the icing on the cake of my birthday celebrations to get a day out on a field!
Even if there isn’t a dig, would anyone  be willing to take us out with them for the day?

We’re members of the South Hams Club (South Devon), fully insured of course and we have guests from time to time – we could reciprocate when you're on holiday down here, always interesting to chat about others’ finds and what their area is like.

We have to work very hard for finds in Cornwall as the population was so sparce in the past – it’s always interesting to visit somewhere potentially a little more rewarding!
Look forward to hearing from someone hopefully!
Mandy
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:23:34 AM by saffronspice » Logged
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:02:04 PM »

on facebook .. check out £6 rally page, or diggers unite, or clodhoppers mdc ..... they all hold rallies on the welsh borders.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
paulpop

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »

neil francis who runs the peoples detecting club has a dig on the 29th localish , barry area which is 20 minutes outside cardiff, dig fee is £6 or £7 pay on the day - they also on facebook or if you message me then i will pm you the link to their site
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:58:05 PM by paulpop » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal