Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A quick 30 min session at Barry Island last night  (Read 4150 times)
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« on: January 12, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »

A quick 30 min session at Barry Island last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6r1ienkXbU&feature=youtu.be

Matt
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »

Hmmm, interesting outing. I have been contemplating using a head mounted lamp to beat the present shortage of daylight hours but I'm not sure that I would like working alone on Talacre sands in the dark; the place is awash with historic deaths and ghostly memories.   Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »

Hmmm, interesting outing. I have been contemplating using a head mounted lamp to beat the present shortage of daylight hours but I'm not sure that I would like working alone on Talacre sands in the dark; the place is awash with historic deaths and ghostly memories.   Wink
Plus a few foxes which will suddenly show up as flashes of eyes, sometimes very close, just watching, then moving, then watching, then moving Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »

Don't forget bait diggers, lamping sea anglers, and roosting birds! Once spent a couple of hours in the dark hunting for a lost pro-pointer there. The place gave me the creeps and caused the hair on the back of my kneck to bristle. Eventually found the thing next morning, not far from the lighthous. I must have walked past it several times in the dark.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:17:38 PM »

Waving a tiny 3" blade about wouldnt put most muggers off especially as their most likely carrying more substantial hardware. It'd also just be advertising trouble, especially If plod is curious what your doing wobbling around in the dark . Your already carrying a spade that will give you extra reach if used right,  add a good edge to give you all the security you need.
As for night detecting by headtorch it's never been a problem as long as farmer knows your about . As long as you can tolerate a minor leg pull it's good fun and can get some nice extra finds in the bag.
Occasionally if the daylight going catches you out dig carefully and it can be fun seeing what you've got when you get home.
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »

Who said 3" blade?

Who said I was waving it about?

I't's in my side zip on my rucksack, for cutting stuff, be it tough weeds, or whatever.

In one hand is my Makro Racer 2

In the Other is my nice big sharp pointed serrated and long Evolution digging spade with red handle

£60 off Ebay.

Never had trouble detecting in dark, as I don't use headlamp or torch, only very briefly for 1-2 seconds to look at a find or something.

But most of the time, I do like to not know what I found, til I get home.....bit of excitement....sad, i know...lol

Matt

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 10:12:51 PM »

Hmm interesting. Are you not aware that under UK law that the carrying of a blade in excess of 3" long in a public place is an offence and punishable by a hefty fine or even imprisonment.
The digging tool can also be classed as such if the interviewing police officer thinks so. After all it is a serrated blade over 3"long !
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »

In general, I think that Mr Plod will view your Evolution digging tool as just that; a tool designed for the purpose for which you are using it at the time. Have it concealed under your coat in a public place, whilst not detecting, may put an entirely different view on the matter. Security services confiscate a great many blades, of many differing lengths, from the general public but a locking a knife will ensure the "Plod" being called in.

Having intimated her that you view the two items as ready weapons would give the bad boy's lawyers an advantage in a later court of law. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to erase this thread?  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal