Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transpiring against me?  (Read 4495 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: January 12, 2017, 09:11:14 AM »

Well, I was planning on giving a new area of beach a good going over, for the third time this comming Friday. Friday the 13th! No bother, Ladders and black pussy cats don't scare me either. Unless the black pussy cat happens to be a bloomin panther!

With the wife repeatedly whispering in my ear.............it's gonna be cold..............it's gonna snow..............it's gonna be windy...........and there's gonna be ice on the roads; I just keep moving towards swinging the little  old Safari over some interesting sands tomorrow. But alas, fate has intervened and we we got a nasty puncture in the near side rear tyre the other day and you guessed it.................no spare wheel in the bloody boot. New car came without a spare wheel! The last car we had, we paid to have a jack and a spare wheel in the boot but never had to use it in all of three years.

Been waiting three days now for the mobile tyre repair service to call and fix the problem. Due any time between 0800 and teatime today!  Roll Eyes

Both the weather man and the wife say there is heavy snow on the way but the BBC weather forecast for Rhyl says sunny and dry tomorrow. Hmmm, do I dar chance it?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »

Faint heart never won fair lady Chris, I was going to post a similar saying but it wouldn't have got past the censors  Grin Grin Shocked
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:35 AM »

Just had a look on Met.Office site for Rhyl Amusement Arcade area for tomorrow. It says, at the moment ! It's going to be dry from about 8am temp' about 4* wind speed 35 with gusts up to 50 at worst.
They do have a habit of changing it though. I was set to introduce puppy to the beach this week while the tides are right but I'm getting soft in my old age. I've decided to leave it till the tides are right and the weather is right for me. Wonder if June will be OK  Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »

Well, got the puncture sorted this morning and later went down town to do a bit of shopping and buy some dust-caps; despite only needing one. No dust-caps in Wilkinsons, ASDA, or Morrisons. Nipped into Halfords and I was 1p shoet of their price. Walking back to the car whilst scanning the pavement for an eyes-only 1p, I gave up and threw my last loose change into a busker's money box. Got to within 50 yards of the car an stumbled upon a Morrisons trolly with a bloody pound in it. Should have hung onto me loose change!  Roll Eyes

Nipped into the market with me pound firmly grasped in me hand and asked a stall holder if he had any dust-caps. Yes £1.99. Argh!  Shocked
Returned to the car via the busker and threw the pound in his money box. Oh, me of little faith!  Sad

Who is June, Val?

And as for you Christopher, I don't want to win a fair maiden; I want some gold, silver, or Roman coins to come forth from the ground for me. So now the hunt is on. The car is fixed, the wife is on side, and all me gear is ready to go. Just hope that I don't get to Rhyl and find that I have left me detector or me spade at home.  Wink

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:43:10 PM by Resurgam » Logged

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »

Make sure you don't forget your batteries like I did the other week after driving 45 mins to one of my permissions, I couldn't even buy any batteries, not that I didn't have the money I had left the battery holder at home as well  Cry Cry Cry
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 07:55:42 PM »

I managed one dig by turning up without a spade, fortunately someone lent me one they had spare in the car. It's all good fun isn't it lol
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 09:18:08 PM »

Ha Ha serves you right for being sarcastic  Roll Eyes

And guess what ?   I was looking for a washer yesterday in my box of wonders and there's a single spare dust cap in it  Cheesy

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »

LOL, nice one Val. I bet there is a dust cap somewhere in our shed but I aint going looking for it now. Just peeped through the curtains and there is a thin coating of snow on the car, garden, and pavement. That cancels using the A55 and going over the tops in the morning and I think I will use the coast road. Unless I can't dig the car out, that is!  Roll Eyes

Will report back tomorrow evening.  Wink

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »

Driving through torential rain and wind blown spray, I drove down to Rhyl using the coast road this morning, Chickened out of going over the tops on the A55. Slow heavy traffic caused the journy to take an houre longer than normal and the fuel eficiency was down to 64 mpg by the time I arrived in Rhyl It had also stopped raining but the winds were wild and the sea looked like it was boiling.

The wind had pushed the tide closer in than I had anticipated and I was left with verry little sand and shingle to detect. Walked some considderable distance westward, as far as the ASDA at Kninmel Bay and back but only managed £2 decimal and a possible half penny (pre-decimal). Plenty of aluminium and bits of scrap but nothing of much value.

I had planned to have lunch in the car and then follow the ebbing tide out but as I got within 100 yards of the jetty car park the heavens opened and I was hit by a hail storm. The bloody stuff battered me and even drove into me wellies and under the soles of me feet. Darned hailstones!  Angry

Threw in the towel just after 1330 hrs and drove all the way home with a soggy bottom. Oh, and no signe of any more rain!  Roll Eyes

Hanging up the sand scoop untill longer and warmer days but may try one of my permissions next month, when the Mr Sushine shows his face earlier in the mornings.  Undecided

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »

Like I said,  Wonder if June will be OK   Grin

Hats off to you for being so enthusiastic. Now you've got it out of your system you can practice being sensible  Wink

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 08:53:29 PM »

Ok Val, I think that you are starting to sound a little bit like my Mrs. Only a lttle bit; she was far harsher!  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal