Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie wanting advice  (Read 2033 times)
duckman

« on: January 09, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »

Can anyone recommend a place or places in south wales that a total newbie can detect on have a old c-scope so don't really know what its capable of
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:00:20 AM by duckman » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »

The best place to start, if you've got one, is your own garden. You'd be amazed what turns up and it will give you some idea of what your machine is telling you and how to adjust the settings. Mind you don't start digging up phone cables though, that's what I did  Roll Eyes I found a couple of sixpences and numerous coppers plus nails and bit of aluminium and, of course, bits of iron.
As far as fields are concerned. Well none unless you get permission from the land owner. Most of the beaches are open to detecting but you will need to get a beach permit. This is free and you can get it on line from the crown estate site. (Having said that I just looked it up and it said they were looking into the subject so no licence was required at present but you must be aware of the rules) ??
Maybe someone local to you will offer to take you out with them if you say what area you live.
Oh and welcome to the Forum  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
db4

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:00:06 PM »

Hi duckman if you are local to Swansea  there is a club SMDC that  meet twice a month at the Coopers arms Neath road. They also have at least one rally a month and more often twice, next meeting Wednesday 18th Jan then every two weeks, well worth a visit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal