Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Well,its time to go !!  (Read 6094 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: January 08, 2017, 05:20:26 PM »

Hi to everyone,and as you see from the heading I've decided that it's time to call a halt to metal detecting.
I want to say it's a decision that I've not taken lightly,and it's one that actually does sadden me somewhat.
Last year was a struggle,what with the Mrs having a very nasty illness and having a major operation, which thankfully was a success it obviously meant that I was somewhat restricted as to when I could get out to detect.
And well, I'm another year older,and quite honestly it's getting more difficult for me to clamber over gates and dig holes etc...So,most of my gear is now sold and I want to thank Kevin (Staffs metal detectors) for being more than fair on the price ive been given for the MACRO RACER.
I am now going back into music for my hobby,and have just reinvested in a top range electonic keyboard to occupy my time.
I still have a couple of things for sale at some very reasonable prices that may be of interest to someone,details will appear in the appropriate place on the forum,I will be listing them in the next 24/48 hours.
I will still lookin on the Detecting Wales forum now and again, purely out of interest to see how you are all doing and what you are all finding.
I want to close this by saying that since joining what can only be sad as a fantastic metal detecting forum I've had a wonderful time and, although I never actually met hardly any members,or attended Rallies,i will miss all the "buzz"
Thanks to you all once again,and as I said if any body is interested in a few worthwhile bits and pieces.....Give me a shout,as I will be signing out of the forum by be end of next week
Thanks to all....🔔ding🔔dong👍
romana

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »

Sorry to hear that mate. although we have not met on any digs, I don;t think anyway, I wish you all the best in your next venture  Wink

XP Goldmaxx power. F.I.D member. Wessex Searchers MDC.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »

Thats a shame. I've enjoyed your posts and you've been a regular user and supporter of the forum. take it easy and drop in whenever you can.

All the best

Will

XP Deus user
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »

That's a shame ding dong good luck with your new hobby
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Wow Chris that's a great shame, first of all I'm so pleased the Mrs is on the mend and hope it's continues that way as I'm sure it will. I know what a strain  it puts on family's and loved ones. As has already been said above you have had a great input on DW, and always the first to welcome new members, also helping with ID's aswell as machine advice. Speaking from a personal level I thank you for your comments on my posts I have made in the past, I appreciate I may have more time for searching than some on DW coupled with some good sites and of course the one thing we all need Lady Luck. It would have been nice to meet you at a rally who knows one day, when you get another machine Lol.... Wink For now I wish you and the wife good health and keep popping in to DW and I'll try and keep posting finds. (Although my last few trips have been very poor and I couldn't find a Roman coin  or hammy is was glued to my search head.  Grin

Regards Paul.
wondering

NCMD Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 08:53:02 PM »

You will be missed around this forum very much and altho I have never met you I will miss you around here very much. I enjoy your posts and the witty humour you bring to this hobby.

Good luck in the future and enjoy the music.

George

There is something to be found in every field....

Milled silver x 11
Hammered silver x 9
Pre-decimal (a lot)
Roman artefact x 2
Roman silver coins x1
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 09:20:25 PM »

Sorry to hear that ding dong as I have enjoyed reading some of your comments over the last 2 to 3 years, it,s always sad to hear someone of your caliber retiring from what is a great hobby. Hope you and your wife enjoy many years more together and good luck to you both.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »

Sad to see you go Chris but I'm probably not far behind you; already disposed of the CS4PI but will continue swinging the Safari for a while yet.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Andre

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »

All the best Chris for you and your missus.Thanks for all the advices and words of encouragement.Shame we never met...Cheers mate 🔔 🔔 dingdong!
Trefor Meirionnydd

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that you're putting down your 'tools' ding dong. Like many others I'd like to thank you for your words of advice and encouragement. Sorry we didn't get to meet but if you ever find yourself down Dolgellau way then I'll put the kettle on! All the best to you and your wife, cheers, and 🔔ding🔔dong to you.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »

Hi Chris

As a valued member of the forum, i would suggest that you remain on the forum and keep in touch with the many friends you have made over the years.

Giving up the hobby is no excuse for detaching yourself away from the friendships made on here, over the years.

I have certainly enjoyed reading your many posts and for sure, you are a valued member of the forum.

good luck with the new hobby, which i,m sure will be a lot of fun!

cheers and thanks

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »

Hi Chris

As a valued member of the forum, i would suggest that you remain on the forum and keep in touch with the many friends you have made over the years.

Giving up the hobby is no excuse for detaching yourself away from the friendships made on here, over the years.

I have certainly enjoyed reading your many posts and for sure, you are a valued member of the forum.

good luck with the new hobby, which i,m sure will be a lot of fun!

cheers and thanks

I've got to agree with Alan, don't disappear off the forum, keep up with the friends that you've made on here. Whatever you decide to do I  hope everything goes well for you and your family.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »

I'd agree with Alan - we enjoy your posts.

- so what keyboard have you gone for? Music is one of my hobbies (has been one of my jobs) - in addition to my piano I've got a Yamaha Tyros 3 - not bad for what it can do, but could have done with a 76 rather than 61 key version.
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »

Oh no Chris! Well having had the pleasure of your company on a few outings, I can honestly say your are a proper gent and excellent company. You are going to miss the hobby that is for sure and the hobby is going to miss you. I wish you and your good lady all the very best and good health to you both. Who knows, we may yet see a "BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND" thread.
Greg

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 04:53:59 PM »

Sad day, one of our best contributors. Family and health must come first, we will all be there sooner than we think.☹️☹️☹️

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal