Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your machine?  (Read 1961 times)
Andre

« on: December 16, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »

Having looked at different makes of machines and models 2nd hand and new ,I would like to know what made you choose that particular model?cheers guys👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »

Well that's an easy question to answer.
A Deus. Bought because it's liteweight and has a good reputation.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »

I initially upgraded from a Maplin's machine to a EuroAce. The Maplin's machine was little better than a crock of rubbish and the EuroAce served me well on pasture and dry sand but I was disappointed in the performance of the EuroAce on wet sand and I bought a C-Scope CS4PI.

The CS4PI was totally happy on wet sand but unfortunately having no discrimination it had me digging deep sand holes for bits of iron and it couldn't tell the difference between a gold ring and a steel washer. Eventually I decided to get a MineLab Safari and once I became accustomed to some of it's ways, I have become more than happy with it. The Safari is now my regular detector for beach and pasture work and the EuroAce is kept as a backup machine. As for the CS4PI, although I was impressed by it's performance on both wet and dry sand, I reluctantly let it go and swapped it for an air rifle. Had I been younger, with no arthritis, I would have kept the CS4PI for special beach work on wet saline sand.

So for now, it's me and the Safari and I see no signs of ever buying an other detector. I find the weight of the Safari to be manageable but with larger than stock coils on it it can become very tiring. But then again, I am over seventy and that old arthritis keeps creeping up on me. The purchase of a long handled sand scoop has made beach work somewhat easier and taken some of the digging stress of the lower back and hips.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Bling (mark)

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 06:41:05 PM »

Having had a few detectors over the years I've settled on a sovereign xs2 pro 12" coil old but super deep on beaches.my  main detector for pasture is the Makro racer red i love it easy setup and light and backup machine I've got goldmaxx power on a Deus stem.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:20:47 PM »

Like Mark(Bling)...I've had  quite a few detectors.My first detector(if you could call it that) was a Bounty hunter....about as effective as a lighted candle in a tornado...!!!!!
My actual first serious detector was a new Garrett ACE 250...from REGTON'S DETECTORS.
I actually still have regrets on ever selling it,as in actual fact in my opinion (for what it's worth) is a very underestimated metal detector....and that's how I became "Dingdong"...after the tones given out by that machine.. dingdong !!dingdong !!dingdong !!... Dingdong!!.. DINGDONG!! argghhhhhh !!!!!!!!🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔
🔕..... Forgot to say...also like Mark,i now have a MACRO RACER(RED).....=Superbe !!👍
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:17:57 PM by dingdong » Logged
Andre

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:25 PM »

👏thanks for the replies guys,very informative 👍
Andre

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 10:20:55 PM »

Chris,this hobby must be really good for your health.Keeps you going and you can't go wrong with the sea air.The other day i spent 6hours on a field and I felt tired at the end.Better then sat at home watching telly 😀
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »

Andre,
            it sure is good for your health to get out in the fresh air and take in all the sounds and smells of the early morning beach but as one gets older you can overdo it and the following day can produce some unwelcome aches and pains. I'm beginning to wonder if stretching exercises before and after a detecting session would help to alleviate some of the aches and pains that sometimes follow a days detecting.   

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal