Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short day and unfavorable tide  (Read 3253 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: December 06, 2016, 09:35:28 PM »

Managed to get out for a few hours last Saturday and swung the Safari over the sands at Rhyl again. Despite the shortness of daylight hours and an unfavorable incoming tide I managed to find an interesting area that produced some bits of scrap and a dozen decimal and pre-decimal coins before the tide chased me off the beach. With a more favorable tide this coming Saturday, I may give it an other go with the Safari but fit a coil that is a wee bit larger than the Nel Snake coil that I used last Saturday. Not the Nel Big coil; I might add! Roll Eyes

* Rhyl mixed bag.JPG (126.74 KB, 585x413 - viewed 631 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »

I say well done on going beach tecting in those temps. At least you had some finds. Well done Chris.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:38:56 PM »

Well done Chris, my dad when he was alive used to love detecting on the beaches along our North Wales Coast , he had many a gold ring from Rhyl beach, I haven't been on the beach detecting for years, I used to love going on Colwyn bay beach after a good storm ( before they put all the sand on there), it used to be always good for Viccie and Georgian silvers when the rocks near the pier were exposed, sadly that wont happen again anymore as they are buried under about 12ft of sand now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:40:31 PM by scara » Logged
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:15:09 PM »

Going to give it an other try first thing in the morning and see if I can eek out any better finds.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »

Great amount of scooping there Chris !!.. and well done to you for all the effort ...👍..😁
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »

Gave the same section of beach an other go today Chris. Still can't quite get this short daylight hours and tide times right yet but at least I covered a couple of sections of the area that I could get at. Plenty of WWII scrap in the area but it isn't as bad as Talacre. Loads of thick, smelly mud just below a thin crust of sand and most of the targets were deep in the wet.

Managed an Eddy penny and two pounds six pence in decimal coins. Unlike Talacre, I started recovering very old, heavy, lead projectiles. The first one had me puzzled; it looked for all the world like a lead mushroom.

* This Saturday.JPG (245.65 KB, 585x413 - viewed 383 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal