Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More Finds Please  (Read 9292 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: November 14, 2016, 11:33:52 AM »

What's happening, where's all the finds, why is so little being posted  Huh Being a member of DW for a good few years now I  can remember many finds from beaches and fields being posted just a few years ago, it's such a shame. Especially as it's busy time of year for searching....
I know there's been a few posts lately thank goodness.  Smiley

slowsearcher

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »

After seeing all your top finds fella it gives some of us an inferiority complex  lol! were frightened to post our George the thirds and the odd buckle lol!
But you are right  dont see so much on here .
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 06:03:08 PM »

Thst's one pretty damn good looking coin.😀
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »

Hi there Mr CS !!...yep,gotta agree,certailly arnt anywhere near the amount of finds postings there as there were,i am informed that a lot of members now go on this "mugbook" thing,which is something I will never ever do,just don't see the point,but I do understand that I'm probably in the minority !!....but in my case it's probably an age thing !!
Also,we seem to be loosing quite a few of the stalwarts of the DETECTING WALES FORUM are no longer posting.
Gotta say,i do miss a good bit of banter,or being told to "wind me neck in" if I was getting a bit to irate,w hat ever happened to Spoot,a great guy from the I.O Mann...OR,yhat great and informative guy "CHEF"....wow that guy is so informed,and a great wealth of technical,historical,accurate detecting information.
And yes,some of us are not as young as we were therefore we don't get out quite so frequently.......SO..would it be toooooooo!!!! much to ask if those  of you who are not so far down the track to get out there,get detecting,and use this FANTASTIC detecting forum.
After all,you know what they say..USE IT OR LOOSE IT...now that would  be a crying shame,
wouldn't it...?..... Cry
jtalbot0001

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »

Well my excuse is I need land to go on - after asking for years I have practically given up - so no land equals no finds so can't post. I may even resort to selling one of my machines as they are sitting collecting dust LOL.

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 07:04:57 PM »

Hi J T,many thanks for you very quick response,and yes I know exactly how you feel,
It's by no means easy,myself,well after a few years of virtually no where to go..then BINGO..I get permission to go onto a field and it's produced some nice Roman coin and medieval buckles etc....then !!!.. disaster...he farmer sell the land and the new owner isn't keen on me detecting on it... arghhhhhh..!!
But I will not be discouraged,just keep on ask,ask,and ask again.... perhaps you have a mate (S)..who have permissions ? Would they have any objection to you joining them ?
Put an advert in your pub,local shop,.....I'm sure something  will be forthcoming.
Good prospecting,and good hunting..👍
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 07:39:38 PM »

Bit quiet for me at the moment as a lot of my farmland is under winter seed crop
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 08:18:33 PM »

After seeing all your top finds fella it gives some of us an inferiority complex  lol! were frightened to post our George the thirds and the odd buckle lol!
But you are right  dont see so much on here .
Im happy to look at any finds slowsearcher, I've found a fair few buckles of Georges over the years and still do.... Wink better than the dreaded lead eh lol.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »

I found this Edward the Confessor penny a few weeks ago  Wink
Wow what a cracking Saxon, thanks for showing, it's got my juices going.... Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

The same for me scara. I thought they were weeds coming through till it dawned on me they were all the same. Blasted turnips !
Paul, if I can get my head round the photo edit on this iPad I'll post some results up for you to read.
Can't have you getting too bored, can we  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »

Hi there Mr CS !!...yep,gotta agree,certailly arnt anywhere near the amount of finds postings there as there were,i am informed that a lot of members now go on this "mugbook" thing,which is something I will never ever do,just don't see the point,but I do understand that I'm probably in the minority !!....but in my case it's probably an age thing !!
Also,we seem to be loosing quite a few of the stalwarts of the DETECTING WALES FORUM are no longer posting.
Gotta say,i do miss a good bit of banter,or being told to "wind me neck in" if I was getting a bit to irate,w hat ever happened to Spoot,a great guy from the I.O Mann...OR,yhat great and informative guy "CHEF"....wow that guy is so informed,and a great wealth of technical,historical,accurate detecting information.
And yes,some of us are not as young as we were therefore we don't get out quite so frequently.......SO..would it be toooooooo!!!! much to ask if those  of you who are not so far down the track to get out there,get detecting,and use this FANTASTIC detecting forum.
After all,you know what they say..USE IT OR LOOSE IT...now that would  be a crying shame,
wouldn't it...?..... Cry
Nicley  put Chris and thanks for you comments. I guess it's a combination of things why people fail to post....as you know I'm out of action for a few more weeks but rest assure I'll be back with a vengeance, and will fill a few posts even if it's rubbish lol.....Totally agree with you about Geoff ( Cheff) I miss his knoledge, and expertise of our hobby, always there to help whether like me a seasoned detectorist of 30 years, or a complete novice, I know he was unwell and others on here would know more, but I do wish him all the best... Wink Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 08:33:34 PM »

Romana, what a belting coin and in such great condition. Lovely find.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »

Well my excuse is I need land to go on - after asking for years I have practically given up - so no land equals no finds so can't post. I may even resort to selling one of my machines as they are sitting collecting dust LOL.
Sorry to hear that mate but keep at it, don't give up it just takes that one permission and things can change.. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 08:42:46 PM »

Bit quiet for me at the moment as a lot of my farmland is under winter seed crop
Obviously you can't do much about that scara, some farmers allow detecting on crop some don't... Wink Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 08:45:30 PM »

The same for me scara. I thought they were weeds coming through till it dawned on me they were all the same. Blasted turnips !
Paul, if I can get my head round the photo edit on this iPad I'll post some results up for you to read.
Can't have you getting too bored, can we  Grin
Thanks Val, look farward to that....I just heard I m off my vac pack therapy Thursday....so no more carrying around a man bag Lol  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal