Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To swing or not to swing on Sunday  (Read 2452 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: November 04, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »

Whilst at the caravan during half term the four year old grand daughter snotted all over me several times and I just cleaned her up and thought little of it. Just before returning home I started to feel decidedly unwell. Throughout this week I have struggled with a stonking great cold that feels as though it has interbred with a flue virus and the dreaded lurgy.

Slowly picking up now and we are heading back down the coast to start preparing the van for the winter shutdown in January. I'm planning on trying Talacre again on Sunday but the Mrs keeps giving one of those "she know best looks". Going to leave the big coil on the Safari and work only two small sections of beach whilst restricting my hours of actual detecting to four. Keeping the coil low and slow I will crisscross the chosen areas inch by inch, digging all but iron signals. Shouldn't be too bad using the scoop rather than a spade. Getting used to the bungee harness now and like the way it keeps the detector control box off the ground whilst recovering targets with the scoop.

I must be a sucker for punishment. It's a sort of love hate relation ship with me and Talacre. I love the trinkets that she sometimes presents me with but I hate it when I come away with only WWII scrap. Going to have to force my self to try an other beach further along the coast. Perhaps in December!

Stay safe, stay well, and have a rewarding weekend folks.

Chris. Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 06:14:35 PM »

Hi Chris,sorry to hear you are full of cold and a bit of the old "dreaded lurgy "I do admire your dedication to task but I would seriously consider going metal detecting on what is forecast as the coldest day of the year so far,if it were me I would definitely not go metal detecting,even as much as I am dedicated to 'pinging' up coins and precious artifacts.!!
And also,bear in mind that when we are ill,who is left to look after us....our very underestimated other halves,and you know what,as much as we may not like it,they have annoying habit of being right......the choice is yours .... LOL.....good hunting anyway !!!...👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »

Well, the 45 ml/hr winds didn't blow in but a cold 25 ml/hr breeze blew in off the estuary for the first two hours this morning and then eased off later. Despite giving the area where I found the ring last time a good going over with the Safari; I came away with 2x1p decimal, loads of projectiles, lead and copper shards. Oh, and some aches and pains!  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »

I admire your tenacity Chris but am glad of an excuse not to go far or for long in this cold snap.
My claim to fame each day, regardless of the weather, is a two mile walk with dogs. Mind you I did come back with 50p the other day. Pays to keep your eyes on the ground  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »

Well done on the fifty pence val. I think that most detectorists do well on eyes only finds. I have found a couple of mobile phones, plenty of coins, and the occasional piece of jewellery by eyes only means.

Oddly, some of my better detecting finds were made whilst daydreaming at the same time that I was swinging the coil. An then again I find zilch when I have planned a session based on research and past finds.  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal