Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garrett Ace 250 or Garrett AT Pro for newbie  (Read 13219 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »

GREAT post Matt,as a fellow MACRO RACER owner I couldn't agree more,ive had machines costing twice as much as the RACER and they came nowhere in comparison.
I'm still using the original RACER with a MARS'TIGER' coil !!.. phenomenal depth,simplicity itself to use,its build quality is 100%..in all its  BRILLIANT Metal detector.
I enjoy  this machine so much I am going to invest in the MACRO RACER 2 in the Spring of next year.
So,as you now obviously realise I'm a total MACRO RACER convert.
Good hunting,with what ever you choose...👍
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 02:38:47 PM »

Here'sd a couple of pics of my Racer 2 sunbathing a few weeks ago at the beach...lol

screen shot on pc
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 05:25:59 PM »

Hey bodybuilder 27,good photo of the MACRO RACER 2.
Where did you get the wrap around "camo' protection wrap please...as I fancy getting some to put on the "RACER 1"
Good hunting.....👍
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 05:56:30 PM »

Hey bodybuilder 27,good photo of the MACRO RACER 2.
Where did you get the wrap around "camo' protection wrap please...as I fancy getting some to put on the "RACER 1"
Good hunting.....👍

It's good stuff dude...self clinging, so it can be used again and again...helps protect the shaft from scratches and looks good ;-)

You can unwrap and wrap it as many times as you like...fabric material.

Here's a link where to get it, only £2.17 and there is enough to do my whole racer, plus about 16 inches left over - bargain!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elastic-Camouflage-Waterproof-Outdoor-Hunt-Camping-Stealth-Camo-Wrap-Tape-MI-/201712840006?hash=item2ef705ad46:g:L2YAAOSwHMJYIadA
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 06:38:08 PM »

Many thanks bodybuilder 27.....goods(tape) now ordered...many thanks,will post up picture when the "RACER"is all wrapped up....😀..👍
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »

[at pro no good for beach]   i found it fine on the beach just ground balance and turn sens dowh and away you go, and i got no problems at all.
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »

Many thanks bodybuilder 27.....goods(tape) now ordered...many thanks,will post up picture when the "RACER"is all wrapped up....😀..👍

Nice one dude, look forward to seeing your machine wrapped up;-)

Gotta look after our toys...plus it makes it look cool..lol

Matt
spaceonwhite

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »

Thanks for all the advice Guys. I ended up buying a Garrett AT Pro a few months back and I have to say I'm throughly enjoying using it. Haven't used it on a beach yet as I've got 3 permissions on farms in South Wales.

Found my first Roman today as well  Grin Grin Grin Though struggling to ID it! Will post it in the help ID forum now.
spaceonwhite

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 06:42:07 PM »

hi jeff i have an ace 250 and i have just bought an at pro a couple of weeks ago,  the ace 250 is a good easy to use machine however if you can afford the at pro then i would go with that its a very good machine also waterproof up to a depth of 10 ft thats with the waterproof headphones [its sold with the land headphones not the waterproof ones they cost extra]  it has a pro mode and a standard mode for the less experienced detectorist. the control box it self can be washed off with a hosepipe as shown on you tube, mind you i dont do that i got a cover to keep it clean from mucky fingers.theres  lots of advice on settings and how to use the at pro and the ace 250 on you tube and detecting sites,  i hope this info helps and good luck out on the fields,   gary

Thanks Gary. I ended up going with the AT Pro a few months back and so far it's been great to use. Quite fancy investing in some wireless headphones though as the wire is already getting in the way a bit! Think I'm pretty used to the settings now. Found my first Roman Coin today as well  Grin
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »

Hey Spaceonwhite,if you go onto U-TUBE and talk Garrett Z-LINK cordless phones it should bring up a new gismo especially designed for Garrett detectors.or virtually any other detectors.
I've been in touch with Regtons for a price but haven't heard anything back ad yet .
Hope it's of interest
Good hunting..👍
spaceonwhite

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 07:09:12 PM »

Hey Spaceonwhite,if you go onto U-TUBE and talk Garrett Z-LINK cordless phones it should bring up a new gismo especially designed for Garrett detectors.or virtually any other detectors.
I've been in touch with Regtons for a price but haven't heard anything back ad yet .
Hope it's of interest
Good hunting..👍

Hey Dingdong. Thanks for the advice. Just did a search but couldn't find anything unfortunately. When you hear back from Regtons, post me a link.  Cheers

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal