Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Constantly buzzing probe problem solved  (Read 3210 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: September 28, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »

After two years of the probe going off in all direction, even when held above my head!! Thats all it took was a two minutes to sort the problem.

* Web_1833.jpg (24.66 KB, 504x268 - viewed 584 times.)

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 05:10:17 PM »

So now you've sorted it you have 2 probes for the price of one ......cool
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:00:07 AM »

Like my (second) Garrett probe, that one looks well used Smiley

I think mine first started playing up when it got really soaked the first time. Since then it has been useable at times - when I make sure I dry it out in the airing cupboard beforehand and when the temperature change isn't too severe (between house and outside). It's a moisture related problem I think - certainly don't want to waste £80 on a new one unless the newer versions have solved that problem.....
ysbytymike

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »

I would have returned it if I'd bought it for my own use, but I bought it for my wife who tried detecting but just didn't get on with it. So, by the time my original probe had gone and I decided to use her's, the unit was probably eighteen months old and out of warranty, despite the fact it had only been used about three times. Did send it back for them to test but 'they couldn't find anything wrong with it, surprise surprise'.
Used it quite extensively last weekend and had enough of its constant blipping and sounding of wherever you pointed the damn thing. Drastic action was required. Now I have to get a new one, but really unsure if I'll invest in the same make again.

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »

Hi ya buddy,i had the same sort of problem with my Garrett PRO-POINTER,every now and then it would react in exactly the same way as you discribe.

Fortunately mine was still under warranty,and a big THANKYOU to Nigel and co at Regtons who replaced the faulty probe with a brand new Garrett PRO-POINTER MK 2...and I gotta say it's absolutely brilliant,the difference!! WELL chalk and cheese !!!it's out in all weather's etc,
But I've now bought a cover for it of E-BAY,now when i return from detecting all I have to do is rinse it under the tap,remove the battery and place it in the airing cupboard.
Gotta say..great, reliable,and very stable piece of equipment.
Good hunting...👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:22 PM »

I'm going to come out on the side of the Garrett. I've had mine for at least four years and last week it gave me a real fright. Never had a minuets trouble with it, then quite unexpectedly it started bleep, bleep, bleep. Strait away I thought, oh gawd it's gone up the shoot, then I realised the battery had had it.
A moment I'd been dreading had come. I've carried a replacement in my bag since I bought it now I had to finally use it. Was it still any good ? Could I get the end unscrewed ? Would it still work as well ?
The answer to all these questions was YES though I did struggle to undo the top.
Personally I can't fault the Garrett, it's my best detecting friend.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 08:27:35 AM »

I'm going to come out on the side of the Garrett. I've had mine for at least four years and last week it gave me a real fright. Never had a minuets trouble with it, then quite unexpectedly it started bleep, bleep, bleep. Strait away I thought, oh gawd it's gone up the shoot, then I realised the battery had had it.
A moment I'd been dreading had come. I've carried a replacement in my bag since I bought it now I had to finally use it. Was it still any good ? Could I get the end unscrewed ? Would it still work as well ?
The answer to all these questions was YES though I did struggle to undo the top.
Personally I can't fault the Garrett, it's my best detecting friend.
It certainly speeds up recovery of finds - but I've had two that have both annoyed me the same way - constant bleeping / doesn't seem very good at finding things / sets of for no reason - and I'm still convinced that is moisture and salts getting into the machine through the 'on/off' button or the speaker aperture / LED aperture. it functions just well enough for me not to buy a new / different one.

They work great new - but as soon as it got wet (on a wet detecting day), there's been trouble since.
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 10:28:44 AM »

I suffer from a constant whining nagging noise.....will this fix work on mrs Nobby? Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
ysbytymike

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 09:16:29 PM »

I suffer from a constant whining nagging noise.....will this fix work on mrs Nobby? Grin

"What" you want two of her?

Bill from Lachine

carpe diem = seize the day.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »

nobby,

Thanks for the chuckles.... Grin Grin

Regards + HH

Bill

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal