Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First time out for a while  (Read 1908 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: September 24, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »

Abandoned my normal crack of dawn starting times and had a sleep in until 0700 hrs this morning. Had a bite to eat, washed a few dishes, strolled down to the paper shop and bought a Daily Mail for the wife to read when she would eventually get her bones from the warm cosy bed that she loves so much.

Made it to Rhyl sea-front by 0900 hrs and found a free carpark that I didn't know existed. Made the mistake of stopping to talk with two good folk that needed a little parking information and advice but one thing lead to an other and it was 1000 hrs before I actually unpacked my gear and landed on the sands.

Spent the next three hours chasing ghost signals and turned up very little of interest or value. Managed one large heavy lead projectile with deep rifling grooves, one live 0.38 bullet that broke up whilst being recovered, some scrap iron, and "one" long lost two pence piece. Despite the poor finds, it was good to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the refreshing sea breeze.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things; so to speak!  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Allthegearnoidea
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »

I had a similar experience at Llangranog this morning but did get there at 8am which is about when the sun was up. Very mild this morning and even the sea was warm but very little finds 22p lol and very little scrap so I guess someone has been recently.Stillenjoyed it though as the waves were crashing in and later on watched a surfer in action very good he was too.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »

Lots of beach detectorists reporting poor finds this season. I got the feeling that my ghost targets were probably items hiding deep down in the wet sand. The large calibre lead projectile took some recovering and it even fell back into the water filled hole twice and I had to recover it twice more! Once we get home, I will post some pics and someone will probably be able to id it for me. 

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal