Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crown estate permits  (Read 4082 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: September 24, 2016, 06:47:03 AM »

Not been out for a while now due to some minor health problems but decided to perhaps try a couple of hours on the sands and see how things went. First things first; renew Crown Permit.

Logged on to Crown Estate only to find that permits were not presently being issued and they were looking at the permits and one could continue to detect providing that one accepted the normal rules and conditions that went with the normal Crown Permit. Me thinks that they are planning to change the rules of engagement!  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 08:13:57 AM »

Watch this space then Chris.  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:27:40 AM »

Hemmm !!!......Thin end of the wedge springs to mind !!!....⚠....⛔....!!!
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »

Yes here it is in black & white...
Metal detecting permit application
Metal detecting permit application - Service
We are currently looking into the metal detecting registration process and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

In the meantime, you are allowed to metal detect on Crown Estate foreshore, but must read our terms and conditions here before doing so.

The Crown Estate generally seeks to encourage access over, and responsible use of, the foreshore and as a result Crown Estate consent for non-commercial metal detecting on the foreshore will not incur a charge.

Seabed Metal Detecting

At present The Crown Estate does not grant permits for the sea bed as the Treasure Act does not apply below the foreshore.

Finds above the low water mark are generally the property of the landowner, unless classified as Treasure. Wreck on the seabed may still legally belong to a third party, therefore we recommend that any finds, particularly whilst you are diving or snorkelling, are not removed and are reported to English Heritage and the Receiver of Wreck.

https://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/rural-and-coastal/coastal/metal-detecting/metal-detecting-permit-application/terms-and-conditions/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:22:36 AM by Kev » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »

Sounds quite positive to me Kev. Maybe they've decided we're a load of unimportant cranks.
On the other hand maybe they have finally decided they might make a bob or two. Time will tell.
Taking into account the shortage of funds and staff I'd say they're better off ignoring us.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »

I'd agree with Val, I can see a small fee being added for the issue of them, like the port of London Permits for the Thames foreshore.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 06:57:38 PM »

I think in the meantime, keep a copy of your last permit plus a copy of the site statement in your pocket when detecting on the beach. I'm betting that they also dictate some extra conditions to issuing the permit.  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal