Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Aberystwyth  (Read 4370 times)
aberlad
Rally attendee

« on: September 03, 2016, 12:52:20 PM »

Hi all.
I am glad to say that I have been allowed to join this site, I got my first detector yesterday. I am a little "mature" to start a new hobby, but hey, who cares. I will be primarily searching the beaches in and around Aberystwyth to begin with. I hope I don't annoy you if I post any dumb questions, I am slowly working through all the advice here  Cool.
Anyway, onwards we go........

Thanks

David
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »

Hi Aberlad, welcome to the forum. No questions are dumb we all have to learn and its easier by asking questions first. As been a little mature I got my first detector at 62 nearly 4 years ago and enjoy it even more now than ever as once the bug bites you just don't want to stop. I personally go field detecting as I wasn't keen on doing beeches. So good luck and get out there.

George N Wales
aberlad
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »

Thanks Wagis, Im so near the beach it is 5 mins from front door. I will do fields later, after I get permissions. So to the beach it is! If I can carry ALL the stuff you MUST have.....
I have only spent around £500 to start with. If I need to upgrade I will. Nice sunny day booked for tomorrow, see what happens.
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 05:15:51 PM »

welcome to the forum, any questions you ask on the forum will usually be answered.out of interest  what is your machine you chose.   There are plenty experienced people on here to help you with questions about finds or Technics just take your time and enjoy yourself if  you search the dry sand (top of the beach) you should get a few signals and its usually easier to dig good luck look   .
aberlad
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 05:42:04 PM »

Thanks Congerman, I bought an almost new csope 1220xd, as ive seen its useful on both beaches and dry land, and a new deteknix waterproof pointer because of the wet sand on the beach. Plus an assortment of MUST have harness, wellies, and spade Roll Eyes. So off I go tomorrow. Work permitting of course!!!
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 07:55:03 PM »

Warm welcome Aberlad,Detecting Wales  forum is a fantastic forum full of useful information,ascmuch or as little as you need.
There is a wealth of metal detecting information to have at the flick of the mouse !!
I look forward to seeing all you finds,so,GOOD HUNTING...👍
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 09:08:14 PM »

Welcome aboard Aberlad.

The forum is informative and friendly, any questions ask away, someone on here will have an answer for you.

As for ALL the stuff you have to carry each to their own, but all you really need is a good sharp spade ( for inland), a spare set of batteries, headphones and your detector  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:33:18 PM »

Not to mention a finds bag for all the goodies  Grin Grin

Welcome aboard David. No such thing as a dumb question, just ask. I can guarantee you won't ask anything we haven't all asked. It's a funny old hobby but absolutely absorbing especially when you get into the fields. The research can be just as rewarding as the finds and no matter how humble they all tell a story.
Like you I started the hobby late in life and often wish I'd started years ago. Staying power gets shorter with each passing year so make the most of it and enjoy.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
scara
NWDD Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 10:22:38 PM »

Val

Quite right, I forgot that one  Grin Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 04:09:14 PM »

A piece of advice for free David.  Treat yourself to a lanyard for your pin pointer.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
aberlad
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »

Hi. I did say work permitting......... I am off duty from Thursday. No more holes in the lawn allowed!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal