Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: decline in beach finds ?  (Read 4121 times)
brickie58

« on: August 16, 2016, 10:40:45 AM »

Anybody else found this, I know weather is a big factor but I think a lot of it is down to more people using debit cards ie less cash in there pockets to lose on the beach.

full XP Deus ws5 phones 9" and 11", minelab explorer se greyghost phones15" wot 13" ultimate 11" pro 8x6"sef Garrett pinpointer
TerraFirma
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »

looks like the local lads clean up  in the evening when the grockles go home

Ive had 2 x trips to Barry recently only to find pulltabs and squashed cans

Wink

brickie58

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 02:04:05 PM »

I am one of the local lads! Go down every night after a good day weather wise but finds are poor this past few years compared to the amount of people on the beach ?.

full XP Deus ws5 phones 9" and 11", minelab explorer se greyghost phones15" wot 13" ultimate 11" pro 8x6"sef Garrett pinpointer
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 02:56:18 AM »

I don't beach detect very often - the best I have ever managed is 20p Smiley and that was at Ogmore, not Barry, where the best I've found was a bit of pipe - and yet there were other people on the beach that day and whilst they didn't have much. it was still much better than what I found!

brickie58

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 06:23:59 PM »

I detect on a small beach which I can see from home it's about half a mile long yesterday hot day there must have been a thousand people on it I went down at dusk and found no coins just the usual rubbish! And no nobody had detected it before me as I would have seen them that was the worst night I've ever had but like I said earlier in a post this is how it's been going the last few years,  I know what im doing I am not a newbie and have a quality detector I have spoken to others and its the same on other beaches, strange.

Slim Pickings
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »

Yes definitely right there I have been beach detecting down ere in the Southwest for 32 years and the finds over quite a few years now have got less and less
more people detecting the beaches in the summer months , but also the winters down this way have got milder and milder and we don't get the Easterly winds like we
used to when I first started out,so the good stuff just keeps on going downwards out of range .
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 10:46:10 AM »

I agree guys .lot less cash comin up since i started four years ago.the weather is obviously a factor.we need summers like we used to have .

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
jonty

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »

I used to average one gold ring every three or four visits to the beaches at Porthcawl. Since the heavy storms early in 2014 I have found very little, just a couple of quid now and again. Things were so bad soon after the storms I was hard pushed to find a ring pull. I am convinced the storms destroyed the top layers of sand and things will only get better when the holiday makers have re-seeded the beaches.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal