Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The rest of last week's finds,less scrap !!  (Read 1560 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: July 25, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »

The best of what was worth a picture !!....

* IMG_20160724_193937-640x480.jpg (66.7 KB, 640x480 - viewed 363 times.)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:54:20 AM »

Well Chris, you know what they say..............some days are diamonds and some days are stones. Despite the lack of treasure, you did at least get out for a few hours. I bet it made a change from rat assassinations in your back yard.  Smiley 

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:54:04 AM »

Hi again Chris,yes the rat population has deminished somewhat since my last piece regarding the RAT DEMISE !!!..lol,had about five up to now,but I still can't keep up with the cat,she presents one about every two days on the step outside the kitchen door !!!
Be actually found that I've increased my accuracy a far bit by removing the telescopic sights,ts much easier to focus and get a better perspective just wearing my prescription lenses,give it a try,if it dosnt work for you just replace the scope.
I also use a prop/tripod,its an old sea fishing rod rest,it works well,and much,much cheaper than the purpose built rifle supports which are available.
Sometimes you can pick these for rests up dead cheap in second hand shops and car boot sales.
Sorry to hear that or Mr Arthur Itus is playing you up,this getting older ain't fer whimps !!l
Anyway Chris,take care mate,.......and as usual....good hunting....👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:43:25 PM »

Nice to hear that Mr n Mrs Ratty are on the run; so to speak. I did give the idea of using a tripod to steady the rifle some thought but will probably just try leaning on a cushion first. Not been out with the detector yet but did get away to the caravan for the best part of last week. Sadly lost contact with the site ISP and was cut off from the internet for a week. I hear tell that some naughty people had been doing illegal downloads and BT took the camp site down.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal