Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plenty of nasty stuff still out there  (Read 5215 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: June 28, 2016, 09:33:08 PM »

Just watched a documentary about Porton Down, the chemical weapons research establishment, and am amazed by the number of chemical bombs and shells that are still being recovered from some of the old WWI conflict areas.

Pointing to a number of still live chemical shells, the guy said that they had come from a beach. Upon being asked which beach they came from he said that he wouldn't say. Not from any beach near us, I hope!  Shocked

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:57:29 PM »

The first Anthrax trail bomb was dropped somewhere along the Gower. Apparently they dropped it short and it did'nt go off.
They couldn't locate it so it was never recovered. They said the salt water would kill the virus.
The test eventually took place on an unihabited island off the Scottish coast.

Try not to find that one Chris  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:49:15 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »

Hi ya Chris,nasty,nasty,nasty,when we lived in mid Wales,the case out on our land was contaminated when Chernobyl went up,how did I know ?well,
When I cut the grass and put it into the compost,h e following day I had nausea,and burns to my arms,doctor said others had come in with same symptoms......scarey ay ?😈😱
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:26:36 PM »

I have heard tell that the ministry sprayed material contaminated with influenza viruses over areas of the south east, just to see how the infections would spread in the case of a biological warfare attack by the eastern block countries. I also heard that a similar operation took place on the US subways.

It kinda makes one wonder about the great Influenza Pandemic at the end of WWI and why some British beaches are still closed to detectorists.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:30:52 PM »

Certainly food for thought!!!👻
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 08:36:16 PM »

As for radioactive contamination..............some areas were already contaminated by our own nuclear projects and Chernobyl just pushed them over the top.

Hmmm, perhaps I know too much for my own good.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »

There are some who think that's the reason for so many mutilated cattle in the USA

They reckon the dark side of the Government test them in secret for contaminates ! then leave the explanation the imagination. Of course we all know it's the greys  Roll Eyes

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 08:25:18 AM »

Its not only the chemicals left over from the past. This was found on Ynyslas beech a couple of years ago.  6" navel shell, luckily it was hollow...cracking signal though (Garret probe for scale)
 Shocked Shocked Shocked

* Shell test (1).jpg (82.75 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1361 times.)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »

It Looks to be in pretty good condition. Did it come out of the wet, or the dry sand area?

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 01:25:40 PM »

The military closed Pendine beach for detecting after the storms 2015 because live shells were washing up.
And even now live shells come up on Tenby.

handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »

I,m just waiting for someone to come up with a Big Bang Theory!   Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »

Hey Alan,my big bang theory is that one day not so far away that the second world war sunken wreck carrying tons and tons of high explosives just about a mile off the South East coast and now considered to be in an extremely dangerous deteriorating condition it also has an exclusion zone.
Now if that goes up,its goodbye to Southend's pier along with the whole of Southend !!!.......BOOM !!🌋
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 04:49:07 AM »

Shush; lest we put ideas in someones head!  Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal