Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie help metal detecting  (Read 1936 times)
phill
Rally attendee

« on: June 11, 2016, 05:40:43 PM »

hi name Philip live in llantarnam Cwmbran i want to start metal detecting   just wondering if anyone on this forum lives nearby so can go detecting with them haven't bought detector yet thinking of getting garrett 400i  any help most appreciated philip . btw hope not in wrong part of forum
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:57:16 PM »

Hi Philip,
A very warm welcome to Detecting Wales forum,its a great way to enhance the FANTASTIC hobby of Metal detecting.
There are plenty of members on the forum who haveca wealth of knowledge to offer should you ever have need for it.
And remember,dont ever worry about asking the most basic of metal detecting questions,after all we all started off as newbies !!
With regard to your possible choice of metal detector the Garrett range of detectors are great intro machines,i myself started with a Garrett ACE 250,and enjoyed some nice finds,including my first hammered coin.
Best not to get a detector that's complicated,as it will only confuse and dampen your enthusiasm.
Sorry I am not in your area to offer help,but I'm sure that someone on the forum will maybe able to help.
Good hunting....👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:00:10 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Philip. Garret are a good starting machine and will find you some nice goodies. Not familiar with the model you mention though.
Quit a few members live in or near your area and I'm sure one will offer help. Looks like they're all busy watching something on the telly tonight  Roll Eyes. I live a bit too far away to offer but wish you luck.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
ian the nomad

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 08:32:01 PM »

Sorry I am not local, but good luck sure someone will be able to help. I started with a second hand machine with the owner showing me how it worked with some coins hidden in his back garden!.
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:01:07 PM »

welcome to the forum  Wink
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »

welcome Phil. wont go far wrong with the garrett, as for detecting, keep an eye out for dw rallies Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal