Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun oil  (Read 14263 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:36 PM »

If that gun is the one I'm thinking of, your back room is going to look a little like "The Day of the Jackal".

As you couch in your back garden, in cammo cape and face vale drawn down; Mr Rat just wont stand a chance. Don't forget to let us know the score and let us have some evidential pictures of your kills.  Smiley 

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »

Hi ya again me old mate,Day of the jakal !!..LOL...more like a Jackass !!!.LOL
That made me laugh !!
Nice to know your OK,
And I will show you a a photo of the "kill" as an when it happens... But don't hold your breath.
Take care,......Chris
sinky

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 02:07:04 PM »

Soon comes back
Russ T Nail
Rally attendee

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »

I bought a crossman rat catcher rifle for the same thing. The guy told me to spray some wd40 over the pellets in the tin, shake it all about and the coating of oil will create a better seal and lubricate the barrel too.

Seems to work ok.

Just bought a 1.77 p250 pistol so i can rapid fire 8 pellets off and get em running about. Feels like Miami Vice!!!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »

I'm still waiting for Chris to post some rat trophy photographs. Hmm perhaps his old sniper skills were rustier than he thought. Or perhaps those rats have vanished when they heard that he had voted Brexit!

I'm still toying with the idea of purchasing an air rifle and spending some time on the target range, when the arthritis keeps me from detecting.

Just got an email from the finance company telling me that my Safari is paid up and I can think of reinvesting my beer money in something
else.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 02:51:22 PM »

Good bye Mr Rowland rat...one of the few left..
Bullseye..!!!

* IMG_20160615_132444-640x480-640x480.jpg (147.84 KB, 640x480 - viewed 308 times.)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 05:49:24 PM »

Was that a head shot Chris?

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »

Hi Chris,well the pellet went in behind the shoulder,didnt show the 'gore'for obvious reasons..!!!
P.S.how are you doing mate,bring us up to date ..👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 05:41:59 AM »

How am I doing? Well, cancelled my last two detecting outings due to lower back and hip pain but finding the rest period is easing the situation; hence the growing interest in air-gunning.

Six years ago we had a problem with mice plaguing our back garden and the wife was highly concerned that they would start moving into the house. Having cut some 18" lengths of 3" square drain pipe, inserted baited mouse traps and placed them in mouse run areas, we sat back and waited. Caught the little blighters by the dozen but was concerned that they were not always clean kills and I would have to dispatch some of the little critters the next day. Some traps even disappeared. Anchoring the traps to the pipes helped to stop the traps migrating to who knows where but there was still the problem of the unclean kills. A quick investment in an electronic, battery powered, mouse trap proved to be a solution to the unclean kills.

Little mousy character clambered into the trap to get at some nice smelly chocolate and in doing so stepped onto two metal plates and made a circuit. Zap, little fellah dead in a split second; no major mess, pain, prolonged suffering, or disappearing trap.

Last year, with the mice now under control, we had an ingress of rats into the back gardens in our area that was so bad we had to call in the council rat catcher. Not seen any rats for a while but I am not over keen on poison and thought that an air gun would provide a quick way of dispatching any vermin that may saunter across our back lawn. I also thought that some target practice would while away a few interesting hours and hone my shooting skills. Not done any shooting for over fifty years. Oops, I tell a lie! I did once try my hand at shooting clay pigeons whilst visiting a country fair. Pleasingly, I did hit about 50% of them whils using a 12g over and under.

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 10:58:48 AM »

My Logun Axsor runs at 200 bar - 3000 psi (1 bar = 14.7 psi) the choice of oil is important, as it was said earlier in the thread, oil can ignite under pressure.. Thats how a diisel engine works !
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

If my recollections of recent forays into the world of airguns serves me right, the Logun Axsor is a real nice looking gun and a fine hunting tool; would probably sell for around £500 on the secondhand gun market. Have you had a lot of hunting success with yours?

Your mention of gun oil and using the wrong oil causing an explosive ignition in the gun barrel set me thinking. Would a deliberate oil explosion in the gun barrel give the projectile more velocity and more impact upon striking the target? Or would it just ruin the gun? I suppose if it worked that way, one would just be arrested for using an air-gun that was operating within a restricted firearms limit?

Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 08:17:59 AM »

The Axsor is a cracking bit of kit, as its a carbide its nice and light. Ive also got an old weihrauch and thats a hefty rifle and quite difficult to hold steady when unsupported.
We had a rat infestation a couple of years ago on the farm and at the peak was popping off 15 - 20 a night ! The handy thing about the axsor is that you can double tap the vermin, I know its pest control but theres no need for causing unnecersary suffering.
Regarding oils and ignition, I think the main damage is by blow back that could damage/destroy the seals...costly and inconveinent.
 Also too thick an oil will dramatically reduce velocity, and can create sticky residues that will also affect accuracy.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 10:09:41 AM »

Thanks for the enlightenment Ian; every little helps.

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »

Well, spent all of Saturday chasing around after the grand-kids and even got hijacked into spending several hair-raising hours in the swimming pool. With a ten year old, a three year old, and a five year old on the loose we our work cut out for us and it took all four of us to keep them in check.

Once the kids were all packed off and the wife settled down to watch the men's final at Wimbledon, I sneaked out to the local gun shop and paid off the last thirty quid on an air-rifle that they had put aside for me. The 0.22 break barrel springer was initially priced at 160 pounds but they dropped the price to 100 for me. Nothing special but it did come with a scope and it will give me the opportunity to see if I will get any enjoyment out of target and vermin shooting in our back garden.

www.airgunsmith.com have a nice selection of printable air-gun targets that you can print off directly from their web site. Anyone recommend an air-gunning site suitable for budding sharp shooters?  Grin

sinky

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »

Just 2 say I have the r ten --22 loves James cagnies (rats) 4 the younger members once u zero your gun ln and wham

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal