Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Night Hawks  (Read 4358 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: April 19, 2016, 07:32:10 PM »

Other names are available, I have loads......I had a call from one of my long term farmers today asking if I had been on a particular field of her's , I told her I was on it last week and asked why ? she replied a contractor had spread fertilizer this morning and noticed holes in the field, I told her it would not be mine and she said she knew that and the contractor did, as I am allowed to search most of my farms when crop is in, I am meticulous in replanting and leaving it as found. Anyway I told her I would be down to investigate asap and would meet her there. Nothing could prepare me for the size of the holes and mess this low life had left, 30-40 holes freshly dug from the night before, they as I think there was more than one ?? had used a garden fork dug the hole and scattered the seeded clod up to 3 feet away on some holes, some holes had iron left on top, a fag packet and lager can also. At this stage she informed the police of the criminal activity and damaged caused, although nothing can or will be done, this I know as my son is a copper, I hear enough stories of far more serious crime, there is not the man power or priority and I guess in the grand scheme of things I'm not surprised. Anyway my thoughts to the farmer was that it was a chancer possibly saw me in there and thought they would have a go one evening, and giving the fact they had used a fork, yes a fork what numpty's !! and dug Iron they were very amateurish criminals and not experienced for sure and probably had very close bodily contact with  close relatives, sisters and probably mother Lol. Anyway I spent the next 3 hours detecting myself and filling in their holes and mess, the field is now void of holes and I will check over the next couple of weeks for further damage and do some spot checks at night, I will enjoy that........There is a plus side to this story the field in question has never produced anything of significant value, so I do not think they had a very productive evening?? although we will never really know..         

* 001.JPG (63.94 KB, 448x336 - viewed 285 times.)

* 014.JPG (100.34 KB, 448x336 - viewed 344 times.)

* 015.JPG (92.42 KB, 448x336 - viewed 365 times.)

* 023.JPG (92.56 KB, 448x336 - viewed 363 times.)

* 025.JPG (106.1 KB, 448x336 - viewed 375 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:05:29 PM »

That's sickening Paul. Even though you, and we know you had nothing to do with it, you can't help but have a mild guilty feeling. It puts a bad taste in your mouth for a long time after.
It's a good job the owner knows and trusts you. Trouble is word gets around and details get changed.  Just mind you don't get any hassle going at night.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:52:04 PM »

Hi C/S,you have my heartfelt feelings of total,outrage and disgust at these lowlife cretins !!
They are dispicable in every aspect,and have to be caught somehow.
Is there a main entrance to the area,and is it where a vehicle has easy access ?
What I would suggest is that there is only one main entrance, get hold of a nature surveillance night vision camera,direct it towards where the vehicle has to pass/park.
If you can get the number of the wagon,or even better the persons responcible,hopefully both,you then have strong evidence of establishing who these "SCUM" are.
Very upsetting to say the least,and let's hope you these pondlife get their punishment.
And if I had my way,I'd string em up high..!!

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 09:37:38 PM »

Cheers Val, many years ago night hawks raided a site next to my permission causing problems, I went back around 10-11 ish and found a car parked up discretely I walked along the edge of a copse and sure enough in the field I could see 2 guys in the field searching in the moonlight....I first went back to their car and made sure they couldn't drive away .... Grin I let down 2 of their tyres by removing the valves...this way they can't change a wheel and can't pump up tyre because the valves were missing  Roll Eyes then from a good distance I lit them up with a powerful torch it was one of the funniest things Ive seen. As far as I know they never returned....it still makes me chuckle. Wink Dingdong, I know where they probably parked so if it does become a problem I will bare your idea in mind..but I'm thinking it was a one off Huh I have also heard of Polish/ Romanian Lorry drivers stopping over night getting out and searching fields with detectors not in my area but who knows apparently there was one getting confronted on a u tube video ?? Some time ago  Wink

DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:41:34 AM »

They need stringing up low life.......

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »

Hi CS,yes that video is on U-TUBE the guy that does addicted to bleeps,
And believe it or not it was a polish long distance trucker !!!👹
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »

I do wonder sometimes if it is chancers - when I was out on Sunday there were quite a few people about - even heard some young lads comment on me detecting, but still it doesn't help us, it's bad for the farmer and just frustrating.

I quite often come across people who say 'I used to detect when I was younger - up so and so - didn't have permission of course' - I know it's not always a fun experience to ask for permission, but how would anyone think if someone parked up in their garden and started digging like that?

I hope that they do get caught.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal