Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sand scoop advice please  (Read 4159 times)
rainyday

« on: April 11, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »

I'm about to buy a sand scoop for the beach, I see various ones on the market, I didn't really want to be paying the prices the evolution ones tend to cost. Are there any others out there that are as good for a bit less money?
Thanks
Dean
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:51:53 PM »

Hi there Dean,don't bother with a sand scoop,reason being that I my experience of beech detecting,unless your going on to 100% sand its a waste of time,the scoop won't get you past the rocks and stones.
Yes a good spade,(border spade)you can pick one up for about a "tenner" at WILCO'S,
So,in my own particular case,I would NOT waste a whole lot a money for something that will not do the job
Others may differ !!!👍
rainyday

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the advice, I nearly bought one earlier! I'll take your advice and stick to my spade.
Cheers
Dean
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »

Your welcome Dean.....good hunting 👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 06:15:27 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread Rainyday; I have occasionally played with the idea of buying a sand scoop but was put off by the prices. Recently, whilst struggling with back and hip problems, I have got to wondering if a sand scoop would ease the stress on the lower back; providing that it was used on wet and dry sand and not on stones and pebbles.

I have tried a long handled spade but it seemed to accentuate the stress on the lower back. A year or so ago, I observed a detectorist using using a shovel. Stamp the shovel blade into the sand, tilt the handle backwards, and drag it back.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Jonnietaz

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 08:38:56 PM »

Hi, I would advise on buying, or making a sandscoop, you can dig down deeper in wet sand, use one hand, or have your detector on a bungee, then use two hands, a fellow detectorist I know, who's been detecting more then thirty years, actually apologized to me when he finally bought one, he couldn't believe how much easier it was for him, it cost about £80, but worth every penny.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »

Thanks for the reply on that one. From what I have seen on youtube footage; one is dragging the scoop out of the sand, rather than lifting and putting stress on the lower back. Me thinks a scoop is the next item on my equipment wish list. The question is "which one"? Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »

Well, bit the bullet on Wednesday evening and borrowed the price of an Evolution sand scoop from the bank of wife and am now awaiting delivery of said piece of kit. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to put the scoop to good use this coming Sunday.

It will be interesting to see how I cope with the Sand scoop, Safari+Big Nel coil, and an as yet unused bungee harness. Perhaps I should have done some weight training and taken some juggling lessons first!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal